PDA

View Full Version : Sherries Berries. Have you ordered them

keith ouellette
12-21-2011, 6:36 PM
I ordered some for family members. I was first shocked by the price. I heard 19.99 for a dozen and $29 for 2 dozen which I thought was expensive but I figures this is about as gourmet as a berry can get so it would be a nice present. When I went to their site and found out it was going to $30 for a single dozen plus shipping I was a little put off but still stuck for gifts so I bought some. I threw in a dozen for the wife as a surprise so she could see what they were like.

Even though they taste very good I really feel like a sucker. The pictures are very deceiving. they are large berries but no where near as big as I expected. Probably because the radio spots I kept hearing constantly said things like "you won't believe how big these berries are" . I got the ones that included the little cheese cakes for other family members and if the berry's were this small then those cakes are going to be one biters at best (maybe two if you nibble)

the berries are not much bigger (if bigger a all) than I have seen in the grocery store some times at the height of the season. the chocolate makes them seem a little bigger than they actually are. I am shocked at the reviews. mostly 4 and 5 stars. Maybe I am missing something or these things are for people who really take money for granted. I know it cost for quality but this Berry racket is making some one a mint. I really feel sorry for anyone who has them sent some place in the south during the summer. I do not know how the berry's would survive. Ours were warm as it was and we accepted them at the door. Summer heat they would have been dead on arrival.

I'm gonna pass on Sherrie next year for sure.

Larry Frank
12-21-2011, 7:27 PM
Glad to hear something about Shari's Berries and I thought about them also. I guess that I can cross them off of my list to look at. I find the same thing on a lot of things where they advertise a low price on the radio but when you look at them and the shipping costs, they are really expensive.

Van Huskey
12-21-2011, 7:27 PM
Having grown up going to pick your own strawberry fields I learned big is rarely good. I always hate a really wet year since they all get big and the taste and sweetness get watered down. Think about this next time you eat your way through a pint of strawberries, I'll bet you learn to appreciate the small/med sized fruit.

I have never seen ordered food be a good value, good sometimes but almost always overpriced. It is just the nature of the beats I suppose, the margin has to be significant at least in the growth stages of the business.

keith ouellette
12-21-2011, 7:31 PM
I forgot to mention. I recieved Omaha steaks from one of the people who are getting "Berries" from me.

BUY STEAKS!!!!!!! I compared the prices of what I received and what I sent. I really feel like a sucker. BEEF. Its whats for Christmas

Bonnie Campbell
12-21-2011, 9:12 PM
Never bought the berries. Thanks for the heads up on it. I have bought gift packages of Omaha Steaks and felt they were worth the cost (to an extent). Watch for free shipping deals, they're better deals.

keith ouellette
12-22-2011, 8:09 PM
Berry update.

My sister received hers today and her first impression was very good. I asked her to give me her honest opinion in a couple of days after she mulled it over.

So far she thought it was very nice looking and she had 2 berry's and said they were sweet and juicy. Her's must not have been messy with leaky berries like my wife's was so it looked better. I think the fact that she s up north where its nice and fridge like cold and I am in the rather warm berry melting south probably makes a difference.

keith ouellette
12-25-2011, 8:50 PM
Ok. this will be my last post on this unless someone asks me a question. I wanted to give them a fair shake. Another couple who received them from us has chimed in and they said the berries were wonderful. Again I think a big difference was in the weather of the route the berries were shipped. Cold is good. warm or hot will ruin them pretty easy. theirs went to MA and did not leak or melt at all.

The ones my wife received had started to break down. They seem to break down pretty quick and I think it changes the flavor and makes them messy. At any rate they will have a very short shelf life so eat them fast.