PDA

View Full Version : A Tripple "Bank" Shot...

James Combs
12-21-2011, 6:08 PM
Last week I received a commission for some pens from some executives at my bank. Some of you may recall the Red Jasper and Black Gold matrix Churchill style pens I made for a couple banker acquaintances last year. Same bank, one of the same fellows and two new ones, an "Area President" and a "Branch Vice President". The execs saw my original pens and wanted one for themselves. I was surprised but they both ordered the same configuration. I was hoping for some one-up-man-ship.;):rolleyes:

The old customer order this Sierra for his banker son.

Black and Titanium Gold Sierra Dressed in "Canary Feathers" acrylic blank. Polished to 12000mm

The execs each got one of these Churchill roller ball pens.

Black & Titanium Gold Churchill roller ball hardware dressed in black w/gold matrix Tru-Stone polished to 12000mm.
They are basically identical, only some differences in the matrix is apparent.

One of the requirements for the commission was that they had to have blue ink. I couldn't initially find European style refills in blue so I used some adaptations so that Parker style will work in them. I provided the execs with this card showing the difference and how to adapt the Parker refills. BTW I did finally find some blue euros last night. I order a dozen for the future and will offer to exchange them for the Parkers they now have.

As always, C&C appreciated.

Jon McElwain
12-21-2011, 6:13 PM
Those are some good looking Churchill pens!

John Spitters
12-21-2011, 6:37 PM
216793[/ATTACH]

As always, C&C appreciated.

I find this odd that Bank execs. would want pens with Blue Ink as all "legal documents" must be signed in black, unless of course they have alterior motives.
(Many copiers are not able to properly copy a signature when signed in blue ink)

Don Alexander
12-21-2011, 6:55 PM
which is exactly why alot of legal documents must be signed in blue ink then you can easily keep track of the original
lawyers want the same thing when they buy a pen

Jim Burr
12-21-2011, 7:06 PM
Those blue refills are not common. I get hit for blue gell regularly. Those are well done and I'd bet you can "Bank" on more!

Jim Burr
12-21-2011, 7:09 PM
I find this odd that Bank execs. would want pens with Blue Ink as all "legal documents" must be signed in black, unless of course they have alterior motives.
(Many copiers are not able to properly copy a signature when signed in blue ink)

John, in medicine, blue and black are always allowed. It would appear that imaging technology was progresses to the point where blue is cool. My last two Vertex clickers were for hospital admin folk that insisted on blue. Times and technology change.

Roland Martin
12-21-2011, 7:17 PM
Very nice pens, I'm kinda partial to the Sierra, the canary feathers go extremely well with the pen colors.

James Combs
12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Those are some good looking Churchill pens!
Thanks Jon, appreciate the comment. They all went over extremely well. Got a call from one of the execs this evening about a minor issue with posting the cap but I think I can correct that tomorrow at his office.

which is exactly why alot of legal documents must be signed in blue ink then you can easily keep track of the original
lawyers want the same thing when they buy a pen
John +1 on what Don said. The execs told me pretty much the same thing. In today's legal world blue is now the official color for most legal documents.

Those blue refills are not common. I get hit for blue gell regularly. Those are well done and I'd bet you can "Bank" on more!
Thanks Jim, I am counting on "banking" on more.:D One of the original buyers wants a roller ball mate to his fountain pen Churchill.

John, in medicine, blue and black are always allowed. It would appear that imaging technology was progresses to the point where blue is cool. My last two Vertex clickers were for hospital admin folk that insisted on blue. Times and technology change.
Like Jim says times are a-changing.

Very nice pens, I'm kinda partial to the Sierra, the canary feathers go extremely well with the pen colors.
Thanks Roland, the blank is one Rhino Plastics blanks. They have a special process for their blanks that causes quite a bit of chatoyancy from within the blank. They are pretty spectacular.