PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly BS tracking question

Jim Burr
12-21-2011, 4:26 PM
I usually hang in the spinny isle, but I thought you folks would have more suggestions.
I just finished installing the 6" riser on my new Griz 14" and am using the blade (I know, only until I can get a "real" blade) that came with it.
Two questions...having read through the manual, the is no clear way that I can see to get the side rollers in closer to the blade. Second...the drift/tracking sucks. 3/8" 8tpi blade and unless I feed at 1" per minute, it drifts into Neverland!
This is an upgrade from a Crapsman 12" so I know there is a lot to learn...until now, my lathe (Jet 1642 EVS) is the only "real" stationary tool I owned, so go easy. I usually saw half logs into rounds and will be re-sawing stock for various stuff...almost all turning material. Thanks for any thoughts you folks may have and Merry Christmas!

glenn bradley
12-21-2011, 5:24 PM
Your likely to have trouble tracking with the factory blade. You don't mention the model but pages 26 and 27 in the G0555 manual cover bearing adjustments. I don't have that saw but would guess that you unlock the side bearings and rotate the eccentric bolts to adjust them(?).

Myk Rian
12-21-2011, 5:30 PM
Get a blade before screwing with anything else.

Van Huskey
12-21-2011, 6:02 PM
I agree with the others, get a good blade before wrestling with tracking. I am not saying you can't make it better but the blade won't last long enough to be worth the effort in my book.

Neil Brooks
12-21-2011, 6:16 PM
+1 on the blade.

I have a G0555X 14" Grizzly saw, with the riser kit. The blade wasn't worth using to cut the original boxes open.

I like the Wood Slicer. Others like other blades. Nobody likes the OEM blade, though :)

Jim Burr
12-21-2011, 6:34 PM
Thanks guys...it's a G0555. I have several Ellis blades on the way. I did some table adjustments, tension and alignment things. Seemed to help a bit, but I'll do a blade change before I get ugly on it. Neil...thanks! That gave me a laugh (much needed) and a trip to the saw shop...the blade size with the riser is 103" correct?

Neil Brooks
12-21-2011, 7:15 PM
105", Jim.

Van Huskey
12-21-2011, 7:18 PM
Thanks guys...it's a G0555. I have several Ellis blades on the way. I did some table adjustments, tension and alignment things. Seemed to help a bit, but I'll do a blade change before I get ugly on it. Neil...thanks! That gave me a laugh (much needed) and a trip to the saw shop...the blade size with the riser is 103" correct?

Normally a 14" cast BS with a riser needs a 105" blade.

One thing to check when the riser is installed it guide post to table being 90*.