PDA

View Full Version : Corel x5 vectoring

Ginger Vogel
12-21-2011, 1:06 PM
Seasons Greeting to all. I've been lurking in the background for a long time now. I haven't posted anything because I have always found answers to my questions until now. I have recently installed Corel X5. I have Xenetech lasers and I have found out that I cannot vector in corel x5. I have changed the outline size to many different sizes with no luck. I have to revert to corel 12 to vector. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks!

Lee DeRaud
12-21-2011, 1:24 PM
I seem to recall this has come up before. It's a pallette problem: X5 defaults to CMYK rather than RGB...more to the point, it ignores what you had set up before. So while a given color might look right, what is being sent to the laser is not the RGB value it expects for vectoring.

Ginger Vogel
12-21-2011, 1:48 PM
Thanks Lee I didn't think about the color pallette. I just switched to RGB and it is still not vectoring. Any other thoughts?

Scott Shepherd
12-21-2011, 2:15 PM
Just changing the palette isn't going to change anything. Try making your color values for a vector line "RGB" and then 100,0,0" on the values and see if that works.

Lee DeRaud
12-21-2011, 4:02 PM
Just changing the palette isn't going to change anything. Try making your color values for a vector line "RGB" and then 100,0,0" on the values and see if that works.I thought you'd need RGB 255,0,0 to get red...is it in percent?

Scott Shepherd
12-21-2011, 8:11 PM
My mistake Lee, thanks, that's 255!

I'm fighting the same issues with X5 right now. Send a job over, it's blank. Check the colors, change them, send it over, it works. Open a blank document, set it all right, select "Save as default", close it, open it again, back to square one. I'm not very happy with X5 at the moment.

Bryan Moran
12-22-2011, 12:48 AM
I have Newlydraw software to control my laser, rather unsophisticated. I always save anything I am going to vector cut as a *.DXF file. It then will vector cut.
Bryan

Mike Null
12-22-2011, 5:29 AM
Steve

I've not had that issue. Does your color management window look like this?

Dan Hintz
12-22-2011, 6:24 AM
Steve,

Any issues with the document being shifted when using the rotary? I can't determine if it's X5 or the ULS driver :-/

Scott Shepherd
12-22-2011, 8:21 AM
Yes Mike, looks just like that. I just can't get default changes to "stay" default. Some do, some don't.

Dan, I'm not running X5 on the ULS yet, but I've never seen a document shift when using the rotary attachment.

Ginger Vogel
12-22-2011, 8:49 AM
Thanks guys..... still no luck. I am a little confused. I have always vectored in black with a hairline outline. Red does not work. Maybe that's the xexentech laser? Anyway I'll keep playing around with it. Happy Holidays to all!

Lee DeRaud
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I am a little confused. I have always vectored in black with a hairline outline. Red does not work.Same deal, actually. You need your vector lines to be hairline width, with the color set to RGB 0,0,0.

Scott Shepherd
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Ahhh, I've always vectored in red, hence the red 255 comment.

Doesn't matter what color you vector in. One thing you can also check, is when you hit the print button and it opens up the print dialogue box, there is a "color" tab. Click that, and make sure "Output Color as" box says "RGB" and NOT "Grayscale".