PDA

View Full Version : My Son's Portriat Finished

Marshall Border
12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I finally got the Portriat finished for his surpize for part of his Christmas present , made from 1/8" BB Plywood and backered by the same material and painted flat black . This is my third such portriat - for I've already cut my other two son's there Portriat . any comments are welcome ....MB :)216722216721216720

Kent A Bathurst
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Nice job. Good lookin' kid. Take after his Mom, does he?.............:D:D

Troy Turner
12-23-2011, 8:39 AM
Marshall -

Great idea! May "borrow" this for next year :)

So is this stenciled on the glass or carved into the wood?

Lori Kleinberg
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Very cool. How did you make the pattern?

Marshall Border
12-25-2011, 7:47 PM
Thanks Kent ........anyway Troy and Lori - I took a good picture and sent it in on a scrollsaw web site forum and ask for a Picture to Pattern request help . And I was answered back with two different patterns , well then my wife and me inserted his name and did change a few of the lines around - not many but just a few . This is my third Portriat , loved the way my forst Portriat turned out , wasn't real happy the with my second Portriat turned-out for my second son picked the picture out and I was never happy with the pattern I cut from the start . Well never the less the picture does have an effect on how good the pattern and also how good the final finished Portriat turns out . So be careful when picking a picture and always study your pattern for all cuts before ever gluing up your pattern for cutting . This takes a program just for this pattern making for the picture to pattern as I have been told , if and when you ever get ready to make one for yourself or anyone else - # 1 don't get in a hurry - for the right pattern will show in your Portriat . Always show moment in the hair line in some way for a more real effect is one pointer I can share with you { A big help for me } ........Maybe I have shed some light on this for you ...Have faith in yourself - you can do this ....if I can help in any way in the future just give me a holler { People Helping People }.......MB