PDA

View Full Version : Griggio Compact line, Where is it manufactured?

Larry Edgerton
12-21-2011, 8:08 AM
Like the title says.....

It was not on Griggio's site.

Larry

mike holden
12-21-2011, 9:47 AM
Larry,
Direct from Google: "Italy. Founded in 1946 as a manufacturer of traditional woodworking machinery: saws, planers, jointers, moulders."
Mike

David Kumm
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Larry, that is a good question as some Euro stuff is made by others and sourced elsewhere. The traditional line is Italian but I am unsure of the compact. Griggio is high end stuff. Martin has recently rebadged some Griggio machines and sells them as a lower cost alternative. Contact Mike at SNX Technologies who imports Griggio. 320-267-2659 Let us know what you find out. Dave

Jamie Buxton
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Larry,
Direct from Google: "Italy. Founded in 1946 as a manufacturer of traditional woodworking machinery: saws, planers, jointers, moulders."
Mike

Substitute "USA" for "Italy", and the same would be said of Delta, Porter-Cable, DeWalt, and many others. Where are their products manufactured? Mostly the far east.

Thomas S Stockton
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I have a Griggio jointer it is made in Italy. I also have a Rojek sliding table saw which is made in the Czech republic but the slider unit is sourced from Griggio and when I bought it some of the Griggio combo machines were nearly identical to the Rojeks.
I think the answer is to call the distributor and find out, the italian stuff is pretty nice. Also Laguna Tools re-badges some Griggio tools as their own.
Tom

Larry Edgerton
12-21-2011, 6:54 PM
I ran across it this morning when searching for a used F410 [insomnia] and the price new of $7500 is what makes me question if it [the compact]is made in a country I choose not to patronize. It weighs in at about 1200 lbs so its not a lightweight but not as heavy as a F410. The ad I saw did not specify what it had for a head.

I found SNX, but I like to have many questions answered before I call, you know, to see if they will BS me.;)

Interestingly I found a site that pointed to some Martin machines being made in the far east. I was surprised.

Anyway.... I'll keep searching and see if I can find out more about it.

Thanks, Larry

David Kumm
12-21-2011, 7:30 PM
Larry, I've been told that the low end is made in Asia and the high end still in Italy. I don't know which Martin machines would be Asian but some Altendorf's are sourced elsewhere as well. Every company seems to feel they have to serve all price points. Dave