PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Scott!

Kathy Marshall
12-21-2011, 2:05 AM
Apparently I've been a good little girl this year!
Santa came a little early this year, courtesy of Scott Hackler.
I came home today to find a little box by the door. The box was marked "fragile", so I carefully opened it, and gently unwrapped the packing material to find this little gem!
A beautiful ornament with lots of curl on the globe and the pics don't even begin to show how delicate the icicle is, and the finish is awesome! My pic just doesn't do it justice.

Thank you Scott! I love it!

Donny Lawson
12-21-2011, 6:30 AM
It's always nice to get those unexpected Christmas presents. Looks great.

David E Keller
12-21-2011, 7:23 AM
He was nice enough to send me one as well! It sure looks great on the tree except it makes all of the ornaments I made look bad!

Scott Hackler
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
It finally arrived! I was starting to think that someone at the Post Office had this hanging on THEIR tree! I know that this is the busy time of year, but 8 days for Priority Mail??? No wonder the USPS has problems.:( At least it finally arrived and I am glad you liked it.

I sure wish I hadn't run out of time, before my hand surgery, because I had intended on making about 12 more and send them out. I guess there is always next year!

Merry Christmas Kathy!

Bernie Weishapl
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
That was nice of you Scott and congrats to Kathy. Should look wonderful on your tree.

Roger Chandler
12-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Wonderful gesture by Scott, and Kathy your are evidently favored! Very nice for both of you!

Mike Cruz
12-21-2011, 9:36 PM
Hey, I didn't get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Scott, don't even think about sending me one...I haven't earned it. Very nice ornaments. Someday, maybe I'll be worthy...but not yet.

Tim Rinehart
12-21-2011, 9:43 PM
See, it does pay to stay on the nice list. Very kind thing of you Scott!

Kathy Marshall
12-22-2011, 2:18 AM
It's really nice to be able to see and hold a piece in person, that you've only seen in pics. Rarely does a picture do justice, even when it's a great picture. There's just something about being able to hold it and turn it and watch how the light sets off the figure!

Eric Gourieux
12-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Very nice piece, Scott. You and Kathy motivated me to make an ornament for a gift. Where did you find the hook for the top? I could only find small utilitarian looking silver hooks and brass hooks that are too large.

Steve Schlumpf
12-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Wow! Congrats on getting such a beautiful gift!

Kathy Marshall
12-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Very nice piece, Scott. You and Kathy motivated me to make an ornament for a gift. Where did you find the hook for the top? I could only find small utilitarian looking silver hooks and brass hooks that are too large.
Eric, look for some wire that's about 20-24 gauge, or whatever gauge you prefer, then cut off a piece an inch or two long. Find something with a diameter that matches the size of loop you want (I have a small screwdriver that works), wrap a loop around it to form the "eye" then twist the ends together to for a stem. Drill a small hole in the top of the ornament and then glue or epoxy the loop in.

Eric Gourieux
12-24-2011, 9:11 AM
Simple enough. Thanks Kathy.