PDA

View Full Version : How do you get advanced notice of new tool revisions?

Shawn Russell
12-20-2011, 9:47 PM
Is it possible to get advanced notice of when a new revision of a tool is coming out? A good example is the Delta Unisaw. The version that I see on the floor is vastly different from the one that was around in 2005/2006. I am not sure if they release new redesigned tools every year like cars. I ask because I am looking at several different tools and trying to figure out a buying schedule. Some tools I really like the current design and really don't care to have new features or changes done and I would rather snag the current model.. However, I have more tools than budget in mind.

Van Huskey
12-20-2011, 9:54 PM
Is it possible to get advanced notice of when a new revision of a tool is coming out? A good example is the Delta Unisaw. The version that I see on the floor is vastly different from the one that was around in 2005/2006. I am not sure if they release new redesigned tools every year like cars. I ask because I am looking at several different tools and trying to figure out a buying schedule. Some tools I really like the current design and really don't care to have new features or changes done and I would rather snag the current model.. However, I have more tools than budget in mind.

Magazines, the internet and reports from IWF and AWFS. Chages are nowhere near the yearly changes of cars. If you list what you are interested in people may have afeel or info on when something new is coming or likely.

Larry Edgerton
12-21-2011, 6:33 AM
Psychic......

Jerome Hanby
12-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I think a bigger concern than model changes is relocation of the manufacturing. The Dewalt scroll saw comes to mind...