PDA

View Full Version : nothin special

Steve bellinger
12-20-2011, 9:21 PM
Some one posted about some wormie pecan, He didn't like it, and was wanting to give it away.Sorry can't remember who it was.:o Well it got me thinking(can you smell smoke)that i had a piece laying around some where in the shop. Went looking and found it thrown back in one of the corners. Throw it on the lathe and this simple little HF is what came out. All most blew the side out of it trying it get the shoulder thin. O well it survied and this is what it is. Thanks as as always all C&C welcome.
Steve

Steve Vaughan
12-20-2011, 9:56 PM
That's a nice looking piece, great save. I'm always amazed by the pieces folks 'almost' threw away and then it turns into really cool stuff.

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
That is a really nice piece and a good save.

Tim Rinehart
12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Nice piece Steve, and excellent save from woodpile!
The shape of this is so close to the cherry burl Nate Davey just posted, it's almost freaky!
You guys been talking?

Well done!

David E Keller
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Neat piece! I love this little 'apple form', and you've done it well!

Baxter Smith
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
After all the burls I have been looking at tonight, this one seems to be somewhat lacking in color.;):) But since I like worm holes, it sure makes up for it in character! Nice HF!

Thomas Heck
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Nice bowl!

Kathy Marshall
12-21-2011, 1:31 AM
Looks great Steve! I've turned some wormy pecan too, always gets some oohs and aahs and how'd you get the holes in it!

David Reed
12-21-2011, 1:36 AM
Like the simple iconic form and of course, I love holes!

Steve bellinger
12-21-2011, 5:57 AM
thanks all. Tim na we ain't been talking, just a simple little form to do when you don't have any thing in mind. I'm one of them that lets the wood do the talking.:)

Nate Davey
12-21-2011, 6:43 AM
Nice simple form Steve. My "wood doing the talking" forms are whats left over after my imagined forms fail. :D. We have a saying in the Army, "When you leave the base you have the plan, when you make first contact you have the intent." I think that applies to wood turning as well.

Michelle Rich
12-21-2011, 7:13 AM
very pretty wood. nice simple shaped little vase. simple can be wonderful