PDA

View Full Version : T-slotted edge treatments

Jerry Golick
03-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi there everyone,

I mostly work with melamine-based sheet goods. There's lots that I like about the material but one thing I don't care for is the iron-on edge treatments. Even when it goes on right, it still looks like iron-on veneer.

Recently, while walking through a furniture store I saw a number of melamine cabinets that had been finished with t-slotted moulding. Some was PVC, some metallic, and some wood. I liked the way it finished the edge, much better than what I have been doing up to now.

My question is, does anyone know where these products can be sourced? And, does anyone have any ideas on what type of glue would be required to hold these mouldings into a particle board slot? Has anyone ever worked with any of these materials?

I read on an earlier thread that some people have been milling their own moulding, but that's not reall an option for me, since I don't have the right equipment. What I have is a fairly simple Festool setup of saw, router and MFT table. I suppose I could mount the router in a table setup, but it seems easier, and faster, just to buy the stuff. IAE - milling would only work for wood, not the metal or PVC variants.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cecil Arnold
03-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I think I have seen what you are talking about from either Rockler or the woodworker's warehouse.