PDA

View Full Version : Check out the work of one of our members.

Richard Wolf
12-19-2011, 6:02 PM
Maybe this is not the place to post this, but if you don't look at this thread it is your loss. Ernie Miller has spent most of his life building Harpsichords, and I think you need to see the quality of the work he does.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?177705-Heavy-lift-for-Santa-Claus

Dave Lehnert
12-19-2011, 6:15 PM
I always say about time you think you're good, you see work like this. OUTSTANDING.

I would love to be able to have a clean shop like his.

Peter Quinn
12-19-2011, 6:36 PM
That makes me feel inspired and inadequate at the same time. Wow, thats quite a thing to do with wood. I checked out a bunch of these at the MET last year after going to see the luthier exhibit. Quite striking.

Don Morris
12-20-2011, 3:21 AM
I played the piano and organ from early on so and even had my own grand piano until a few years ago. I accumulated all the information on building my own harpsicord. Decided when I sold the Grand Piano I was through playing. Guaranteed if I had tried to build the hardsicord, it wouldn't have looked as professional as that, no matter how carefull I was. That was made with more skill than I'll ever have. You can't hide talent. The family will have those fabulous instruments for centuries. Make sure you leave your name and date on a brass plate in them.