PDA

View Full Version : No worries... Just one little thing...

David DeCristoforo
12-19-2011, 2:34 PM
Yesterday I offered an unreserved apology to Scott Hackler. I have no wish to in any way modify or alter that. But there is one point I need to address. When I accepted an offer of wood from Donny and Mike, I mentioned that my family was involved in a business venture that left few resources for "other activities". This was in no way intended to imply a "financial hardship" or to be a plea for free wood. I thought I had made that clear but apparently not.

David Cramer
12-19-2011, 3:52 PM
Mr. DeCristoforo and Mr. Hackler,

You guys are far too talented and far too nice to let a little misunderstanding ruin your relationship, whether it be online or not . We all borrow from one another. Heck, where did Mrs. Drozda learn from? Was it all self-taught? If it was, God Bless her, but that's not the norm. Anyways, let it disappear into the ghost server:). Look my posts up. I am not innocent and have let a few things get to me, but I'm still here. Cheers and thank you both for your contributions as I for one am inspired by what you guys turn.

David

p.s. Delete if needed moderators but my post was not meant to keep anything going, only to help/ease things.

Scott Hackler
12-19-2011, 3:57 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think this thread post was intended for me, per se. David D and I are sorted now and as far I am concerned the "issue" is a moot point now.

Tony De Masi
12-19-2011, 4:05 PM
DD, I'm not going to send you any wood.

Jim Underwood
12-19-2011, 4:29 PM
You can send me some exotic wood if you like. If you send me anything else, it's likely to sit in the huge pile with the bugs...:D

Wally Dickerman
12-19-2011, 4:49 PM
Geez, nobody's sending me any wood and I live in the middle of a desert. Saguaro cactus doesn't turn very well.:):confused:

David DeCristoforo
12-19-2011, 4:50 PM
"...I don't think this thread post was intended for me..."

Well, actually it was intended to address this comment in your reply to my ill fated "authorship" post:

"...you had recently requested wood to turn, because of financial issues..."

I certainly do not want to continue to "beat a dead horse" but while we are here, let me just say that I had hoped that by not naming names, I could have stayed on the "high road" with that post. I totally blew it and my apology to you stands. I just wanted to clear up this one point.

Ciao
DD

Scott Hackler
12-19-2011, 4:57 PM
No worries David. Just, like you said, a dead horse. It's all semantics to me as financial issues means a ton of different things to me, including my own situation where we've tightened our belt. Not broke, just more frugal! Enjoy the load of wood and let me know when it gets there. Should be tomorrow...maybe.

Scott Hackler
12-19-2011, 4:58 PM
HA! I thought you were heading to the point of origin of awesome turning wood (Oregon), for Christmas?

Geez, nobody's sending me any wood and I live in the middle of a desert. Saguaro cactus doesn't turn very well.:):confused:

Jim Burr
12-19-2011, 5:29 PM
In the hopes that this dies very soon...Wally...what are you looking for? I have some stuff that isn't going to get used. I'm still looking for platter size goodies...trade, compensation? Talk to me!

Sid Matheny
12-19-2011, 6:28 PM
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af350/Sidro59/violin.gif