PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with the TV stations this month??

Kevin Gregoire
12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
here it is one week from christmas and i still have not been able to watch 'its a wonderful life' or 'a christmas story'

i have watched plenty of star wars and westerns the past three weeks for whatever reason they are on this time
of the year??

there has been some odds & ends xmas shows on this month but not the two best!

i just dont understand it???

Rob Cunningham
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
"It's a Wonderful Life" was on around here 3 weeks ago, and I missed it :mad:. It seems like they only put it on one time per year now.

Bruce Page
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
My wife bought the DVD's a few years ago. She pick's a night and we sit down and watch them. I've never been one who enjoys watching a movie over, and over, and over, but what can I do...:rolleyes:

Steve Southwood
12-19-2011, 2:10 PM
Most of them ran right after Thanksgiving.

Van Huskey
12-19-2011, 3:54 PM
It all starts Saturday night, TBS will run their normal 24hrs of A Christmas story starting at 7pm, a Wonderful Life is on our local NBS affiliate on Saturday at 7PM as well. These are Central Time.

Larry Browning
12-19-2011, 4:58 PM
I think NBC bought the exclusive broadcast rights to "It's A Wonderful Life" a few years back. They only play it once or twice a year. You might want to buy the DVD.

Kevin Gregoire
12-22-2011, 4:44 AM
i have downloaded the movie but it just surprises me that it isnt on one of the cable stations, especially TBS.
polar express, rudolph, the santa clause, and others have been on a lot the past few weeks.

it just really surprises me that this last week before xmas i have yet to see 'a christmas story' or 'wonderful life'
im in the midwest and check my tv guide daily and no listings. oh well, i will have to fire up the dvd player.

Merry Christmas everyone!