PDA

View Full Version : Irregular Rotary attachment on Shenhui Lasers or other chinese lasers

Khalid Nazim
12-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Has anyone successfully used the irregular rotary (chuck type) arrangement on a Shenhui Laser? If you have then could you please share your process on how to do it. I am assuming that the process would be similar to other Chinese machines using Leetro/RDCL boards with RDCAM/Laserworks/LaserCut software.

Regards

Uros Sovilj
12-19-2011, 2:57 PM
Hi

First you need to plug in rottary cable in slot where you have conectted Y axis on mainboard. In my shenhui its lower conector. Now you have rotary attached go to machine parameters and see step lenght for y axis. I usual put a white label on item i want to engrave and draw a small sqare with laser on it. Original setting for Y on my is 5.9986. For 60mm dia glass setting is 21,6.
Now messure height of sqare. in machine parameters section click on number for y axis (5,9996) and click again on button with 3 dots. New dialog is opened where you type messure lenght and expested lenght. Program will auto change settings for y steplenght you just need to click write and put password in. Try again rottary and messure again. Dont forget to put power on min and high speed so you only mark label and not glass.
Password for my machine is rd8888 for laserworks and gxfc88 for corel.
Regards

Khalid Nazim
12-19-2011, 4:10 PM
Thanks Uros.

What is the speed/power settings you are using on glass? I have to engrave shot glasses.

Have you noticed that in the output section there is an option for "enable rotary". Do you know what this is for?

Regards

Uros Sovilj
12-19-2011, 5:57 PM
Think you can there set steplenght base on diameter of glass. Don,t belive it can be accurate since glass is not perfect cylinder through all lenght.
Settings is different from glass to glass but for i start at 400 speed 30 power and 1000 dpi and go from ther with tests. I have a job for beer mugs that was engraved at 300 speed 25 power and 400 dpi.
I also tried all kind of soaping, wet papers and again from job to job it may helps or do worse.

Regards

Khalid Nazim
12-20-2011, 9:11 AM
Thanks Uros. Got it working. There was slight free movement of the chuck as its shaft was not fully tightened on the pulley behind it.

How/where do you setup DPI?

Regards
Khalid

Uros Sovilj
12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
in laser export screen where you set power and speed you have under scan mode option interval. Defoult is set to 0,1mm. This is DPI setting. you have to convert in inches so 0,1 in mm is 254 DPI( DPI=25,4/setting).

Rodne Gold
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Would be great if you guys that actually use the rotarys wrote some sort of tutorial , I have both rotarys and havent hooked em up at all so have no idea how they work.

Donald Richard
07-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I am having some of the same problems with the rotary attachment on 50W Chinese laser ebay machine. It came with Laserwork Software which when open shows the software number on top as RDCAM6.0.24. Can anyone help me with this? I have received some limited and confusing info from the seller, who is sending me screen shots of a different version of the software. I have found where the Vendor Settings are and my password is rd8888 and can get to the X and y axis settings. I do want to perform a test by engraving a square then playing with the y axis settings to get proper engraving on a round drinking glass, but there an area in my output area that is asking for a number for the circle pulse. I am trying to figure out if changing the Y axis settings will affect the circle pulse. Can some one please help.

Ken Smith Jr
07-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I started a thread somewhere as I was having problems myself. I did what Uros suggested, what worked for me in the end after making the above changes was resizing the original graphic in Corel,(along with keeping the settings described above!) in my case I had to make it larger than actual size and that seemed to do the trick, yes these things are a huge pain and I wish I had more time to "refine" the darn thing. All I can say is by manipulating the original graphic (After having made every adjustment known to mankind within the software itself) seemed to workout the best in my case.