PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Impressoins Inks

Connie Gill
12-18-2011, 7:00 PM
Hello there, I had the opportunity to buy a bunch of engraving supplies last summer from a business that was closing up shop...included in the sale is a couple boxes full of Permanent Impressions Inks and I am assuming some chemicals to use with them. I need some advice about what to do with all of this stuff: if someone is interested in buying it? How should I dispose of it, etc. I really want to get rid of it! I also have some of the tile that it is used on. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Mark Sipes
12-18-2011, 8:10 PM
Tattoo inks?

Dan Hintz
12-19-2011, 6:11 AM
Yep, looks like Tattoo ink "rebranded" for one shop... does the bottle's sticker look homemade?

Connie Gill
12-19-2011, 8:32 AM
Mark, that is what I could find on net searches also. Dan - the labels aren't homemade. This stuff is all from the company Atomic Art - I found some old threads on here about it from about 5 or 6 years ago. The website now is "available" so I assume the company went out of business - www.atomicartimages.com. I'm really not interested in using it - just want to get rid of it. The other chemicals are tile & rock cleaners, odor neutralizers and sealers. So I have made the assumption that it is all used together.

Dan Hintz
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Ahhh, Atomic Art, now that brings up some (not so) fond memories.

If memory serves, that company sold "packages" that touted full-color engraving with Cermark-like marking fluids. The owner (or at least his mouthpiece frontman) was less than cordial to the members here, his asking price was outrageous, and I (and others) failed to see the uniqueness in the process. His patent filing was rejected on more than one occasion for non-specific claims (i.e., too broad), and although I've never checked back since, I don't believe it was ever granted.

You didn't, by any chance, also get the laser that closed company was using, did you? If so, see if there were any optional lens carriages floating around. PM me for more detail if you think you have something...

Connie Gill
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Alas Dan - nothing but inks and stone chemicals and a few tiles...I did get a wonderful amount of granite and marble plus lots of wooden and acrylic items for really deep down bargain basement prices.