PDA

View Full Version : Packers first lost.

John Fabre
12-18-2011, 4:30 PM
Too bad, Packers fell, oh, I'm a Steelers fan.

Paul McGaha
12-18-2011, 4:34 PM
I'm surprised. I didnt think any team could beat them. Congratulations Chiefs.

PHM

John Fabre
12-18-2011, 4:55 PM
I really didn't think any team could beat them either, good game.

Randy Moore
12-18-2011, 5:45 PM
Yeah they lost, but I sure didn't think the Chiefs would be the ones to do it.
Glad I didn't bet on that game 'cause I'd lost.

paul cottingham
12-18-2011, 5:56 PM
Yeah they lost, but I sure didn't think the Chiefs would be the ones to do it.
Glad I didn't bet on that game 'cause I'd lost.
Couldn't have put it better myself. At least it wasn't Denver.

Greg Peterson
12-18-2011, 7:10 PM
The game wasn't televised out here so I can't really say much about how they played, other than:

The Packers defense has been a liability all season long. They lead the league in take aways, but they also lead the league in yards allowed. The defense makes the most ordinary QB look like a pro bowler. I can't say they lead the league in giving up big plays, but I would fully expect they do.

The offense has carried the burden of winning every game this season. Today they were not the best unit on the field.

KC players were playing with a new found energy under a new coach who is trying to earn a contract for next season. They were also hosting the defending champions, so their A game was required.

But in the end, all that matters is that KC played a better game and there is no question the best team won today.

Packers have some systemic issues on defense to address if they hope to advance deep in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Chief's and their fans. It was a fantastic game for them.

Gary Hodgin
12-18-2011, 7:13 PM
I guess "On any given Sunday" holds.

Jason Roehl
12-18-2011, 9:31 PM
Colts' first win. :rolleyes:

Gary Hodgin
12-19-2011, 1:08 AM
I guess rumors of Favre's return will surface tomorrow.

Brian Tymchak
12-19-2011, 1:18 PM
I watched the game :mad: ... Packer's fan... But the Chiefs secondary absolutely shut down the Packers receivers for all but a couple of drives. And the Chiefs defensive end (can't think of his name) spent most of the game in the Packers backfield. Now the packers have some key injuries and I think that played a part yesterday, but the Chiefs defense was the main story. The chiefs also seemed to be able rack up first downs almost at whim until they got inside the 10.. for whatever reason they got real conservative with play calls at that point and ended up settling for FGs on most drives.

Van Huskey
12-19-2011, 2:48 PM
Being a Miami fan from from the early 70s I must say I am happy when a perfect season goes by the wayside. It is harder to do today than it was for them though.

Greg Peterson
12-19-2011, 8:54 PM
The chiefs also seemed to be able rack up first downs almost at whim until they got inside the 10.. for whatever reason they got real conservative with play calls at that point and ended up settling for FGs on most drives.

This has been the story all season. The Packers had a slightly better third down conversion rating than the Chiefs, but the Chiefs were getting 1st downs off the first and second downs. Packers can not stop anyone until their backs are against the goal line. Then they are pretty good. The other 90-95 yards? eh, not so much.

Paul McGaha
12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
This is probably not more than a speed bump for the Packers. Really got to give credit to the Chiefs though.

Offensively the Packers are so good. Only thing I can think of that was close was maybe the Ram teams when Curt Warner and Marshall Faulk and their recievers were playing so great. Maybe the Joe Montana or Steve Young 49er teams.

The Saints have their moments but I dont think they are as consistent as the Packers. They're working on it though. Drew Brees is getting pretty close to the season yardage record of Dan Morino. The Saints have actually been trying to improve their run game this year. I think they are in the top ten as for as running the ball. Far better than last year. Having a better run game seems to be helping their passing game. Drew Brees with less sacks and less picks than last year.

PHM

Greg Peterson
12-20-2011, 1:33 AM
The Saints have a pretty good team. A really good team. I hope the Packers can wrap up home field this weekend as I do not want to see them go to NO. Or SF for that matter after what they did to the Steelers tonight. Wow.

Packers have had a pretty inconsistent running game this season. Grant finally had a good game against the Raiders. Starks has been hit or miss. With the O line the way it is right now I'm not sure what our best options are. Maybe just hand it off to Kuhn and little him power it up the middle?

John Fabre
12-20-2011, 3:00 AM
I don't think the Packers was expecting the Chiefs to play so well, with the new coach, caught the Packers off guard. I enjoyed the game though, go Chiefs, go Packers.

Rick Moyer
12-20-2011, 9:44 AM
The Saints have a pretty good team. A really good team. I hope the Packers can wrap up home field this weekend as I do not want to see them go to NO. Or SF for that matter after what they did to the Steelers tonight. Wow.

Dang, I meant to post this yesterday and forgot so here it is anyway after-the-fact(you don't have to believe me that I thought of it yesterday if you don't want to!):

"I think the 49'ers will beat the Steelers tonight and set up another championship re-match in the Super Bowl. Just like the BCS."

So, there, I am calling for a San Fran-Pittsburgh rematch in the Super Bowl. Reasons? San Fran can play outside in Green Bay, Saints can't. Packer's D isn't very good. Now if the Saints play all games at home, maybe they go (i.e., someone beats Green Bay early). Not as confident about Steelers unless they get healthier. Last night was no surprise cuz they had a lot of injuries (I didn't see the game so I don't know any details on it). Patriots D is bad,too plus Steelers, I think, have tie-breaker against them. Houston isn't the team they were, but the Ravens do still seem to be in the way; but I'm sticking with my 49'ers-Steelers prediction.

Anyone else want to prognosticate?

Mark Patoka
12-20-2011, 9:57 AM
At least if the win streak had to be broken, I much preferred it happen to the Chiefs or someone other than the upcoming Bears or Lions. Losing the streak to either of them would've been their main motivation, and losing to them is like rubbing salt in the wound. Now the Pack can focus on winning one more game to secure home-field and then start prepping for the playoffs. I agree, looks like there are still lingering issues to address otherwise it could be a short playoff run.