PDA

View Full Version : some christmas things for the family

jared herbert
12-17-2011, 5:35 PM

I got some wine glass blanks from Craft supplies and turned some walnut feet for them, these are for my daughter. They came out real nice, I was able to get them glued together so that they are straight and centered. My only question is how well the finish will hold up on them. I used 4 coats of wipe on poly and then buffed them. They look nice now but time will tell. The two bottle openers are made out of some small shed antlers that I have found over the years. I took the metal opener part off of some inexpensive cork screws and epoxied them into a hole drilled in the end of the antler. I polished the antler parts with my beal buffers and they have a real nice shine. The openers are for my two sons. We are opening gifts tonight so I am anxious to see them opened up and used. Jared

Ken Hill
12-17-2011, 6:15 PM
They should enjoy both gifts!

Steve Schlumpf
12-17-2011, 6:30 PM
Jared - glasses and bottle openers all look great! Your kids will love them!!

Jim Burr
12-17-2011, 6:44 PM
Cool work Jared!!
If you C&C your post, I'll offer a point or two on your glasses...they are a lot of fun and easy to make!

Sid Matheny
12-17-2011, 7:08 PM
Nice job and its always nice making gifts for family. I have seen the glass kits but never tried them.

Sid

David E Keller
12-17-2011, 7:24 PM
Love those bottle openers!