PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Surprise

Kathy Marshall
12-16-2011, 2:26 AM
I came home from work today to find a priority box from Marty Eargle waiting for me on the porch!
What a very nice surprise! I couldn't wait to open it up!
Inside I found blanks of Sycamore, Cedar, Mimosa and Big Leaf Maple. They're all very nice, and I can't wait to dig into the BLM, it looks to have some nice figure.
I also found, carefully wrapped up, a beautiful birdhouse ornament!
Thank you Marty! You made my day!

Ken Hill
12-16-2011, 5:51 AM
I wouldnt know what to do with such fine blanks, I never have started a bowl from a rounded piece haha!

I'd like to try pens but I just know i'd glue ,y fingers to them....and that is no joke LOL! Cant see what you turn!

Steve Schlumpf
12-16-2011, 7:37 AM
Congrats on that beautiful wood Kathy! Looks like it will be a nice change from turning all that Mesquite!! Have fun!

Roland Martin
12-17-2011, 3:52 AM
Sure is nice getting home from work to have a box of wood waiting for you and a birdhouse.

David E Keller
12-17-2011, 9:53 AM
That's great! Good on Marty for sharing... He couldn't have picked a better recipient!

brian watts
12-17-2011, 10:00 PM
ken i glue my fingers all the time..lol

I wouldnt know what to do with such fine blanks, I never have started a bowl from a rounded piece haha!

I'd like to try pens but I just know i'd glue ,y fingers to them....and that is no joke LOL! Cant see what you turn!

Bill Bolen
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Always cool when good things happen for good people! Congrat's to both the sender and Recipient.

Reed Gray
12-18-2011, 1:10 AM
I turned some mimosa/silk tree recently, and found out I am allergic to it. Be careful.

robo hippy