PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Warehouse

Jerry Bruette
12-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Any body ever buy from Amazon Warehouse Deals?

Tell me about your experience good, bad or......otherwise.

Jerry

Chris Rosenberger
12-15-2011, 10:49 PM
It appears to me to just be items on sale from Amazon. I have never had any problems buying from Amazon.

Harry Simms
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I have purchased from Amazon warehouse a couple of times. It's worked the same as buying from Amazon, but sometimes the stuff is in damaged packages, returns, etc. I have never had a problem with the merchandise or service.

Matt Meiser
12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I've bought several items and the only problem I've had was a piece of computer hardware missing the CD with the drivers. Even that normally wouldn't have been a problem except the company's site was down for 2 days. They happily did a return and paid shipping.

Dave Aronson
12-15-2011, 11:12 PM
I bought a set of 6 chisels and the box was glued shut and only contained 2 chisels and they were random other crappy chisels. Amazon refunded my money quickly.

Jim N Burke
12-16-2011, 1:03 PM
I have purchased a couple of tablet computers and accessories from the warehouse - all were fine - but were reboxed, not refurbs. The warehouse is Amazon itself, not a third party. I've returned a few things over the years from Amazon and never had any problems. I have an Amazon Prime membership which, for $79/year gets free 2-day shipping on anything that Amazon fulfills. Generally it is worth it but you do want to check alternatives - sometimes the prime items are more expensive than the third-party ones.
Jim

scott spencer
12-16-2011, 3:58 PM
No problems...

jerry nazard
12-16-2011, 7:24 PM
I have a long and rich purchasing history with Amazon. I have never had a problem with any transaction, ever. I don't know how they do it, but in my experience their overall customer service is absolutely top shelf. Go Amazon!!

-Jerry

Craig D Peltier
12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
A little off topic but still interesting about Amazon , more on that at the end. They have a very big presence around these parts. I had a guy who worked at Amazon buy some wood from me. He was in the department that took pictures of each item for there site. I guess thye actually source out the actual picture taking now. They used to take a picture of an item , then put it in a storefront for employees since it was cheaper to highly discount it then to ship it back to the warehouse. He said he got a tablesaw for $600 that was like 3500. Anyways there has been many discussions on here about prices fluctuating wildly.He said its all automated, the program scans other large selling websites and it will lower or raise the prices based on that.

Dave Lehnert
12-17-2011, 11:06 AM
A little off topic but still interesting about Amazon , more on that at the end. They have a very big presence around these parts. I had a guy who worked at Amazon buy some wood from me. He was in the department that took pictures of each item for there site. I guess thye actually source out the actual picture taking now. They used to take a picture of an item , then put it in a storefront for employees since it was cheaper to highly discount it then to ship it back to the warehouse. He said he got a tablesaw for $600 that was like 3500. Anyways there has been many discussions on here about prices fluctuating wildly.He said its all automated, the program scans other large selling websites and it will lower or raise the prices based on that.

Some good info. thanks for posting.
I never used Amazon Prime. Just free super saver shipping. If I order on Monday I get my package by Wednesday or Thursday. Guess it has to do with a Amazon warehouse close by.
I once ordered a Incra miter gauge via Amazon about 11PM. It was on my doorstep by 10AM next morning. Super saver shipping. Wonder how fast I would have received it with Amazon Prime;)

Jerry Bruette
12-17-2011, 3:12 PM
Anyways there has been many discussions on here about prices fluctuating wildly.He said its all automated, the program scans other large selling websites and it will lower or raise the prices based on that.

This is something that I suspected was happening as I watched the price of an item I have my eye on jump up on Amazon after another vendor raised their price.

Jerry