PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Creeker visit (and a possible 'real" one)

David DeCristoforo
12-14-2011, 1:56 PM
Being "out here" and what with most "creekers" apparently living "back there", there are few opportunities for me to visit or be visited by other members. But yesterday I spent a delightful half hour or so on the phone with Mike Cruz. My wife, who has been a journalist in at least three prior lifetimes, is convinced that you can get a better "take" on a person on the phone than you can in person. My "take" on Mike is that he is one great guy! I am also aware of the "no pic... didn't happen" rule so here it is!

Also, there is a possibility of an "actual" visit from David Reed who may be in CA in January. I guess every now and then one wanders out here. We find em and get em pointed in the right direction...

Jamie Donaldson
12-14-2011, 2:56 PM
Yes, the Left Coast is a bit different from the rest of the Real World! A fun place to watch the natives, but I wouldn't want to live there!

Scott Hackler
12-14-2011, 2:58 PM
I will be "wondering out there" next June for the AAW Symposium (hopefully)! :)

John Keeton
12-14-2011, 3:25 PM
Let me just say publicly - my feelings are hurt!!!! When I was lying in my hospital bed, barely back from the dead, you called and only talked to me for 10 minutes or so!!!!:D;) Other than being a great guy, what is it about Mike that makes him special?:rolleyes:

Dan Hintz
12-14-2011, 3:25 PM
But yesterday I spent a delightful half hour or so on the phone with Mike Cruz. My wife, who has been a journalist in at least three prior lifetimes, is convinced that you can get a better "take" on a person on the phone than you can in person. My "take" on Mike is that he is one great guy!
Mike snows another one... ;)

David DeCristoforo
12-14-2011, 4:21 PM
"... When I was lying in my hospital bed, barely back from the dead, you called and only talked to me for 10 minutes..."

What a whiner. Ya see how they are? A guy has one little near fatal massive heart attack and right away it's all like "Hey,what about meeeeee???"

"...what is it about Mike that makes him special?..."

I'm afraid I cannot answer that on a public forum. But I will say that Mike allowed me to imply profanity...

"Mike snows another one..."

What can I say... I'm easy.....

John Keeton
12-14-2011, 4:39 PM
"...what is it about Mike that makes him special?..."

I'm afraid I cannot answer that on a public forum. But I will say that Mike allowed me to imply profanity...
Touché :D:D

David DeCristoforo
12-14-2011, 5:01 PM
Touché :D:D

Hey... I didn't know you could speak Spanish!

allen thunem
12-14-2011, 5:06 PM
who moderates the moderators??:)

Tony De Masi
12-14-2011, 6:42 PM
He must not have been walking the dogs when you were talking to him. Otherwise you would have gotten to know them as well. :D

Steve Schlumpf
12-14-2011, 7:34 PM
What in the world would you guys have to talk about that would take 1/2 an hour?? :eek:

Roland Martin
12-14-2011, 7:43 PM
What in the world would you guys have to talk about that would take 1/2 an hour?? :eek:

I'm guessing David was complaining about all the snow he's been having to shovel:D.

David E Keller
12-14-2011, 7:59 PM
I think it's great that you two got a chance to talk to each other. It seems that JK has inferred that he's only a third as interesting as Mike... Ouch!:D