PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone dealer location

Steve Ash
03-09-2005, 7:48 AM
I have done a search and had no success. Can someone tell me how/where I can find a cyclone dust collector dealer that is close to me? I did manage to find a Penn State website that will send me a catalog but would like to go to the dealer physically to look at it and ask questions.
Thanks!

Karl Laustrup
03-09-2005, 8:00 AM
I don't know of any dealers other than Woodcraft. Our Madison store has a cyclone now but I don't know the brand. Onieda and PS sell catalog/phone only as far as I know. I'm sure if you made it to one of Grizzly's stores you could see one, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Steve Cox
03-09-2005, 9:31 AM
I'm not sure the Grizzlys are here yet and all the other ones I know (Oneida, Woodsucker, Penn State, Pentz) sell over the web. You might try a new post asking for cyclone owners in your area who would be willing to show you theirs. FWIW I own a Woodsucker II and am very pleased with it. It seems the majority here favor Oneida and most of us don't care much for Penn State. The jury is still out on Grizzly. If you haven't found Bill Pentz's website yet you need to check it out.

Steven Wilson
03-09-2005, 9:41 AM
Try a store that sells industrial woodworking equipment (i.e. carry Cassedi, Northfield, Ritter, etc). They probably carry Torrit cyclones and may possibly have one in the flesh. Most of these units are drop shipped from the factory and never see the inside of a store. You may also have luck in calling Oneida and asking if there are any customers in your area who would be willing to have you drop by and see their installation.