PDA

View Full Version : Small Cherry HF

Rob Cunningham
12-14-2011, 1:05 PM
I turned this little guy out of some 12/4 Cherry left over from a flatwork project. It's 3" diameter and 1-3/4" tall with 3/32" wall thickness. I sanded to 400 grit and finished it with Antique Oil. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

John Keeton
12-14-2011, 1:21 PM
Rob, nice looking cherry, and looks like a great finish. This form is not one of my favorites, but notwithstanding my lack of personal taste, you did an excellent job on it. Well done!

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-14-2011, 1:55 PM
Nice job. Little hollow forms are a hoot and don't you just love cherry? Next time try continuing the curve right through the bottom and actually make a rounded base. Leave the bottom a bit thicher than the walls and it will rock but not roll. The change in shape will give the little form some lift and make you want to hold it in your palm.
faust

David E Keller
12-14-2011, 9:01 PM
What Faust said! Beautiful finish! I hate to say this, but it reminds me a bit of a breast implant(prior to implantation)... They say we can find inspiration from anywhere...:D

Joe Landon
12-15-2011, 8:27 AM
Nice little hollow form. Leaving a bit of a neck around the opening may improve the overall appearance.

Richard Hutchings
12-15-2011, 8:49 AM
To each his own I guess. I really like it just the way it is.

Rob Cunningham
12-15-2011, 1:42 PM
What Faust said! Beautiful finish! I hate to say this, but it reminds me a bit of a breast implant(prior to implantation)... They say we can find inspiration from anywhere...:D

You almost owed me a new keyboard:D

Baxter Smith
12-15-2011, 3:49 PM
Rob, I'm not a Dr. so can't offer any humor.:) The finish and curve look good, though I don't particularly care for the widest part just slightly below center.