PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Router and table

Gary Dews
12-14-2011, 9:05 AM
I'm thinking of buying my 1st router and table. It will be for light to medium duty applications. A 2.25HP router should be fine and I have read good things about the DeWalt DW618B3 three base kit but DeWalt do not make a table. Does anyone know if this is compatible with say, a Porter Cable or Bosch table or can anyone suggest a good table for it. Is there a good router/table combo for less than $500? Suggestions appreciated.

brian watson
12-14-2011, 9:11 AM
I have Kreg's portable table and would be surprised if that's not compatible with nearly every router out there. It doesn't have the greatest lower dust collection but that's the case with almost all router tables unless you build a sealed box or unit. I have a porter cable router in mine.

Jerome Hanby
12-14-2011, 9:12 AM
Any table that uses a mounting plate should work, just get the correct plate. I've got a Freud table. Good fence and works well, but i only got it because it was practically free in a bundle that Woodcraft was selling. There are a lot of different plans for building your own. The New Yankee version seems to get a lot of praise...

Jay Winzenz
12-14-2011, 9:29 AM
I have the same router and it will work with almost any table. It has "standard" Porter-Cable drillings, and most manufacturers of router plates have plates drilled for the Dewalt 616/618. As far as a table goes, I just purchased the router table package from Hartville Tools and it is excellent for $279.99. The router plate is not pre-drilled, but it is not difficult to drill the holes for attaching the router.

Gary Dews
12-14-2011, 12:02 PM
That's great! I will go head and get the DeWalt and check out the table recommendations. Thanks for replying, it really helped me out.