PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dishwasher

Russ Filtz
12-13-2011, 4:19 PM
Well, actually stupid me I guess. Been getting some rotten smells from it upon first starting. Figured I'd clean it out with an empty run. Well instead of doing the sane thing and putting in bleach or other cleanser/deodorizer, I figured I'd teach it a lesson and used some Barkeepers friend. The dishwasher laughed so hard it peed all over the floor!

I assume the acid did a number on a seal or something? I pulled the unit out enough to see that the leak appears to be coming out of the pump/motor shaft area I believe. Do these leaks ever fix themselves if I flush the acid out enough? :p Unit is most likely 10+ years old, so i guess it's time for a new one.

Belinda Barfield
12-13-2011, 5:01 PM
Thanks for the laugh Russ. I cleaned mine with vinegar the other day but it wasn't amused.

David G Baker
12-13-2011, 6:08 PM
10 years? Past time for a new dish washer or time to get dishpan hands. In my opinion the seals will not re-seal themselves. Belinda used the correct method to deodorize her dishwasher. There is a product available that will deodorize one as well.

Bill Cunningham
12-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I had the same dishwasher for almost 45 years now, never dropped acid, and she still cleans up nice.. ;)

anthony wall
12-14-2011, 9:59 AM
hope your dishwasher doesn't read your posts on here or you could be suffering with dishwasher hands over christmas