PDA

View Full Version : Hackberry NE

Richard Jones
12-12-2011, 4:58 PM
Hackberry NE, approx. 7 x 6 x 3. I cut this in March and microwaved it very slowly over a weekend. DO, buffed, Ren wax.

Also working on my photos, so rip me up.......... BTW, the smudges you see are internal to the camera, so looks like I need a new one...

Thanks for looking.

Rich215593

steven carter
12-12-2011, 5:43 PM
Very nice NE bowl, photo looks good to me, the smudge isn't a big factor in this photo.

David E Keller
12-12-2011, 6:33 PM
Pretty nice work! Looks like you lost a little of the bark in places which detracts from the aesthetic effect of the bark, but I'll be darned if that doesn't happen to me more often than not!

The camera angle seems a bit high for really showing off the form, so that's something to consider. Jamie and others will be along shortly with real photo advice!

Bill Bolen
12-12-2011, 6:36 PM
Sharp looking NE!

Baxter Smith
12-12-2011, 6:57 PM
Nice bowl but those pictures.......glad I'm not the only one with smudges on their pictures! Mine is only noticeable on photo tent pictures so I just live with it. I have a microwave in the shop but have yet to try and dry something. Do you do a lot this way?

John Keeton
12-12-2011, 7:19 PM
Nice work, Richard! Would have been nice to save more bark, but you have done better on this bowl than I have ever been able to do on a NE piece!! I love looking at them, but not turning them.

Richard Jones
12-12-2011, 9:10 PM
Nice bowl but those pictures.......glad I'm not the only one with smudges on their pictures! Mine is only noticeable on photo tent pictures so I just live with it. I have a microwave in the shop but have yet to try and dry something. Do you do a lot this way?

B,

I've done a few with the microwave, all NE. Some turned out great, others not so much..........key to this is to take your time. Rushing it results in burned/scorched wood that isn't repairable. Slow and steady wins the day...........

I'm really ticked about my camera.

R

Kathy Marshall
12-13-2011, 2:11 AM
Nice job on the NE bowl Richard! It's too bad you lost a little bark, but it still looks good. If you hadn't mentioned the smudges, I never would have noticed them.

Bill Hensley
12-13-2011, 7:14 AM
Very nice, need to try the microwaving.

The smudges are typically dust on the photo sensor and will show up against light backgrounds. If you can remove the lens you can GENTLY blow it away. Depending on the camera it may have a sensor cleaning mode.

Bernie Weishapl
12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice looking NE. Looks good even with some bark missing.