PDA

View Full Version : New Cermark Contest

Mike Null
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I just caught up with this announcement from Cermark. Interesting idea for the many talented folks of this forum.

Cermark is hosting the first annual CerMark Laser Marking Materials Art Contest!

CerMark’s 1st Annual Art Contest begins Jan 1, 2012 and ends Feburary 15, 2012, at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST). Artists 18 years old or older are eligible. A photograph of your original artwork on any substrate as long as the use of CerMark related products are used. Artwork MUST contain CerMark related products. Any photos submitted without CerMark related products are ineligible.

Please submit photographs of marked items on-line through our email at cermarkcontest@gmail.com. We will not accept photos of marked items submitted through the mail. Please submit no more than three (3) photos of marked items. We will not accept more than one contestant per e-mail address.

Entrants who live outside the USA are eligible to enter as well.

Digital photographs of marked items must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format. Files should be resized and submitted at least 300 dpi at 7.5 x 10 inches. File size may not be larger than (5Mb).

CerMark employee’s will pick the top 10 photos of marked items to be displayed at the booth during the ARA show, March 2012. Creativity of the use of CerMark materials, difficulty of use and artistic talent will be considered but not be the sole criteria to be a top 10 finalist picked. The 10 finalist entries will be printed 8”x 10” photo paper and displayed with a number (1-10) representing the artwork at the Ferro Corporation’s CerMark booth at the ARA trade show. Three (3) winner’s will be selected by popular vote at the 2012 ARA show. Visitors to the CerMark booth may fill out a ballot with their name and the number corresponding to their favorite entry. Votes will be placed in a box and winners will be decided by the most number of votes from each numbered photo of the marked items.

The winners will be announced at 12:00 pm PST on March 9th 2012 at the CerMark booth. The winners of the contest will be contacted shortly after the show and awarded their prize. Winning photos and selected finalists will be published on the blog, lasermarkingmaterials.blogspot.com or follow us on Twitter CerMark@CerMarkProducts, after the ARA show.

Prizes:

1st Place Prize: 500 dollars credit toward CerMark products

2nd Place Prize: 250 dollars credit toward CerMark products

3rd Place Prize: 100 dollars credit toward CerMark products

Any questions about the contest or related matter about the contest you can e-mail us at:

cermarkcontest@gmail.com

Rodne Gold
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Sounds interesting , mingy prizes tho .. :)

Mike Null
12-12-2011, 4:55 PM
And I thought they were pretty generous--as they say, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Steve Rozwood
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Just a reminder there is only 7 weeks left for the contest!

Craig Matheny
01-09-2012, 1:08 PM
Just a reminder there is only 7 weeks left for the contest!

So what you are really saying is those of us that procrastinate we have 59 weeks till next year?

Steve Rozwood
01-10-2012, 9:07 AM
Sure, if you want to lose out on the $500 worth of material this year. :)

Steve Rozwood
01-23-2012, 2:49 PM
Get your entries in soon before it's too late! Only 5 weeks left!

Steve Clarkson
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Steve.....did Ferro discontinue red and yellow for glass/ceramic?

Steve Rozwood
01-24-2012, 2:04 PM
Steve,
Yes we have discontinued the red and yellow. You may wish to contact Thermark to see if they are still carrying those products. (LMC-34 and LMC-74). Also, with the contest, I just want to make sure everyone knows they don't have to be present at the ARA show in Las Vegas to win.

Steve Clarkson
01-24-2012, 2:51 PM
Wait.......I thought Cermark and Thermark were the same company now.

Just an FYI.....red and yellow are still listed on your website.

And do you know if the Thermark ones have the same cadmium issue?

Actually.....I just noticed that red, yellow, white and the etch are not recommended for CO2 lasers......so never mind.

Dan Hintz
01-24-2012, 2:57 PM
Steve,

Care to share why the two colors were canceled?

Steve Rozwood
01-24-2012, 4:22 PM
I'm sorry my mistake, because Ferro stopped producing the red and yellow, then Thermark wouldn't be able to sell it. I wasn't sure if we there was any kind of agreement on continuing the production elsewhere. I checked their website and those products were taken off.

Dan Hintz; it's Ferro's decision not to produce or distribute LMC-34 and LMC-74 because the products contain cadmium.

Steve; In answer to your question, CerMark and Thermark are two different companies and both of companies have the ability to market and distribute each other's products.

Thanks for the information about the web-site, we know the information is old and needs to be updated. You can always go to our blog for updated information.

Sean Weir
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Hello all,

Only 2 days left!!!

Get your entries in, we'll be accepting entries until February 15th, so time is running short.

Remember, the contest is for all users of CerMark laser marking materials on any substrates. To enter you simply submit a photo of your laser engraved item that utilizes CerMark materials to us at cermarkcontest@gmail.com.

The number of entries we have right now is limited, so your chances of winning are good!

Don't forget, the top three vote getters will win prizes, with 1st place receiving $500 worth of the CerMark products of their choice!

Good luck to all!

Sean Weir
CerMark Laser Marking
SpecTruLite Organic Coatings
Ferro Corporation
251 West Wylie Ave.
Washington, PA 15301
Phone: (724) 229-5161

Chuck Stone
03-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I saw on the blog that the pen came in 1st!
Cool...:D

Jim Reinhard
03-19-2012, 4:30 PM
If i were in vegas for the show, I would have bet on it winning it was some nice work,.

I saw on the blog that the pen came in 1st!
Cool...:D

Bill Cunningham
03-19-2012, 8:34 PM
Darn!! I missed the contest.. If only I had had more notice..;)..
Is there a link to see the entries?

Chuck Stone
03-19-2012, 9:18 PM
I don't really know.. I was looking to see what else was entered (never know
what ideas you can stea... er... borrow!) I only found out by accident, they
didn't contact me or anything. I was wondering when the voting was going to
be and found out it already happened. But I haven't seen the other entries, just
the three posted.

Jim Reinhard
03-20-2012, 5:22 PM
Where can you see the winners pictures?

Chuck Stone
03-20-2012, 7:05 PM
This is the blog.. and there's a link to the photos.
http://lasermarkingmaterials.blogspot.com/2011/12/cermark-ara-contest.html

ps .. Bill? You'd better hurry... only 51 more weeks to enter!

Steve Rozwood
03-22-2012, 4:01 PM
I would have posted the blog address but I wasn't sure if that was allowed. Sorry you missed the last contest but we had some great entries! I hope we will have more time to promote the contest next year and we can make this an annual tradition.