PDA

View Full Version : epilog air assist tube adjustment

Jimmy L Taylor
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
So we had an incident with our new epilog helix and broke the auto-focus plunger. Called epilog and they next day aired me a new plunger for free even though we broke it. (THANK YOU EPILOG! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE) I didnt notice it at first but we are now having an issue with charring when vector cutting and I realized that when the plunger got broke it also bent or misaligned the tube for the air assist and it is no longer blowing air on the point of focus. What is the best way to realign this tube? It doesnt appear to be crimped so I dont think I would need to replace it, I think it just bent or pivoted out of alignment. Thanks in advance for any help!

Frank Corker
12-12-2011, 5:31 AM
Jimmy the first thing i did when mine got pushed out of place was to put a matchstick gently into the tube, put the red dot pointer on, with a sheet of whitepaper at focus depth, The match should be slightly to left and toward the front of the machine of the red marker, The metal tube is bendable but it has to be eased and not yanked, you have to be careful not to kink the tube but it will move holding a pair of pliers and gentle persuasion.

Kellie Reinhart
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Jimmy,

Put a piece of material in, manually focus and turn on your red dot pointer...pivot the end of the air assist tube to point @ the red dot. Hope this helps!

Kellie