PDA

View Full Version : dead blow mallet--ouch

James Baker SD
12-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Found out the hard way just how effective at transferring momentum a dead blow mallet is. Does a really thorough job smashing a finger tip that didn't move out of the way fast enough. Was using it to adjust a rather complex glue-up (kitchen cabinet with odd angles between sides and front/back--my first domino based project) and my finger to measure flushness of mating surfaces. Fortunately my wonderful wife cleaned up the blood from the floor as I had to continue with the glue-up.

James

ray hampton
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
If you place the nail under your pillow after it falls off, the tooth fairies will leave a brand new quarter, good luck with your finger

Jim Matthews
12-12-2011, 6:46 AM
It is a little known fact that Dammitcles, the Greek God of assemblies is blood thirsty and requires sacrifice.

Annointed thus, your kitchen cabinets will endure several lifetimes - a monument to your piety.

Anthony Whitesell
12-12-2011, 7:41 AM
My father and I have often wondered if the success of the job is proportion to the amount of blood drawn. Our cars repairs never seem to work unless we draw blood. At a previous job, they used to inquire on Monday mornings on how my car repairs went, if I arrived with blackened hands covered with cuts and scrapes.

Mark Ashmeade
12-12-2011, 8:13 AM
I rarely see my boss, we work in separate offices. Actually separate offices in separate countries. Anyway, he's always got a cut, bandage, bruise, some evidence of his weekend activities. Last year, he had a massive bandage on his forehead. It looked a bit serious.

"What happened, Andy?"

"My Workmate fell off the garage wall and smashed into my head".

I had to leave the room or I'd have been fired.

Neil Brooks
12-12-2011, 9:15 AM
I don't sign anything that I build.

The spots of blood that I leave can easily be DNA tested to figure out who built it.