PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ornaments....

Russell Eaton
12-10-2011, 6:50 PM
At the last meeting of the GAW the demo was on sea urchin ornaments. I ordered a few and here are the first 3 that I have made. These are fun to make and don't take very long. These are all going to be gifts at a Christmas party tomorrow.  The largest one is 4" tall and both are finished with spray lacquer. On a side note I had a little "date" with the skew on the green finial and we are trying to be friends...Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking,   Russell

John Keeton
12-10-2011, 7:37 PM
Nice work on these, Russell. The urchins have always fascinated me, and I wonder if they will take dye. Would be interesting!!

Donny Lawson
12-10-2011, 8:27 PM
Nice Ornaments. They look interesting.

Steve Schlumpf
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow - those are bright! Love the contrast in textures! Looking forward to seeing more!!

Baxter Smith
12-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Those should light up a tree Russel! My wife picked up a couple of urchin at a shell shop last summer after I showed her one someone had done. They have yet to get done!

Bernie Weishapl
12-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Those are really nice and came out well. I have did a few and actually dyed the urchin with transtint dye.

Michael Short
12-11-2011, 8:45 PM
Very Nice Russel.

Wayne Hendrix
12-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Nice work on these, Russell. The urchins have always fascinated me, and I wonder if they will take dye. Would be interesting!!

They will: http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Projects___Ornaments___Mini_Sputnik_Sea_Urchin___m ini_sputnik?Args= I havent tried it but the CSUSA catalog has pictures of some colored ones and they recommend their Artisan dyes.

Kathy Marshall
12-13-2011, 2:06 AM
Nice job on the ornaments Russel!