PDA

View Full Version : Last of The 20 BHs

James Combs
12-09-2011, 9:39 PM
I finished up Sis's birdhouses to day and included a couple extra ones. Now to get them packed and shipped.

From LtoR:
Wormy Chestnut(barn wood) on Ambrosia Maple, Mulberry on Plum, (white) Poplar on (green) Poplar

Bradford Pear on (blue) Poplar, (white) Poplar on (green) Poplar, Bradford Pear on (blue) Poplar

As always C&C appreciated.

Bernie Weishapl
12-09-2011, 9:57 PM
Well done James. They look great. I just got my 20 and then today 12 more down to the stores.

Harry Robinette
12-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Thats great,do you still have your sanity.

Steve Schlumpf
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Nice work James! You have created your own style of birdhouse ornaments!! Cool!

Marc Himes
12-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Well done. They look like they would be fun to do.

Baxter Smith
12-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Congrats on getting them done. It has been kind of fun to see how many woods I can recognize before looking at your lists. What is the Blue Poplar?

James Combs
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Well done James. They look great. I just got my 20 and then today 12 more down to the stores.
Bernie, sounds like you got yours a lot faster them me but then I never get in a hurry either.:rolleyes: 3-4 a day is a nice pace for me.:D

Thats great,do you still have your sanity.
Harry, actually these and other turnings tend to keep me from going over the edge.:cool:

Nice work James! You have created your own style of birdhouse ornaments!! Cool!
Steve, they are like most of the things I turn, I am sure there is 95% copying in them and maybe 5% originality.:rolleyes:

Well done. They look like they would be fun to do.
Marc, yes they are very enjoyable to turn. My biggest problem is determining what wood to use and in what combination. That usually takes at least 45min to an hour(re: my answer to Bernie). Once the wood/combo is determined making them is a piece of cake, or about another hour for me.

Congrats on getting them done. It has been kind of fun to see how many woods I can recognize before looking at your lists. What is the Blue Poplar?
Thanks Baxter. Glad you got some enjoyment out of these and hope everyone that check them out did too. As for Blue Poplar, just a name that I heard a sawmill guy use for poplar with a purplish vane of color in it. Don't know how scientific the name is but... it's all I had.;)