PDA

View Full Version : help air compressor ??

Hussain ZAKARIYA . Kuwait
12-09-2011, 9:14 PM
hello there

please i need help to buy an air compressor . i use vls 4.60 and i have already a compressor but its too noisy . i`m searching for silent one with 220 volt . i saw one yesterday 114 psi 6 gallon oilless is it work ok with me ? what is your suggestions?

Joe Pelonio
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
That one won't be quiet either. The most silent are the better airbrush pumps, they run all the time with no tank, and only put out 25-40 lbs. but I use one on my laser and it's quieter than the exhaust fan or laser itself.

Gary Hair
12-10-2011, 2:16 PM
From quietest to loudest - diaphram (airbrush type) - oil bath - oil-less. Oil-less are the very worst!

Gary

Dee Gallo
12-10-2011, 3:20 PM
Since the laser only needs 10 pounds of pressure, you can use a small airbrush compressor. The absolute quietest ones (47 db) are used for nail salons and bakery decorating. They are tiny (the size of a brick) and cheap enough ($50) to buy a new one every year if you have to. Mine seem to last about 2 - 3 years of daily use before they lose pressure. I complained about the pressure once and got a new one for free, because they said it was under a 2 year warranty, even though it was over two years old..

cheers, dee

andrew zen
12-10-2011, 3:48 PM
Hi Dee:

Vendor please......... pretty please......... please with a cherry on top...... please with a water melon on top.............

Hussain ZAKARIYA . Kuwait
12-10-2011, 6:43 PM
Thanks for all The airbrush compressor will not give me the psi which i want , today i change the place of my old compressor and its work fine , its far from my laser about 30 meter with 8mm hose and i try it its work fantastic , i connect a switch for it inside my workshop , in my contry the airbrush silent compressor they sell it about 1000$ and its too much and not give me my psi , that wich i use its about 700$ , 2.5hp Thanks all again and sorry for my english its not very well

Dee Gallo
12-10-2011, 8:18 PM
Hi Dee:

Vendor please......... pretty please......... please with a cherry on top...... please with a water melon on top.............

Andrew,

I got mine from Tri-City Paint (they have a website). It's called a Mini Air Compressor, piston type, oil-less. Model TC-18. I paid 44.99 plus shipping for $10. Really you can't go wrong if you only need a little bit of air. It's not good enough for other applications, but 47 db is about half the lowest loudness I could find elsewhere.

cheers, dee