PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Beech Pieces

Rob Cunningham
12-09-2011, 1:06 PM
I promise, this is the last of the Beech for a while. A little HF similar to the Ash one posted earlier. It's 4" dia. and 2" high, finished with Antique Oil and buffed out. My wife really liked this one, so now it's part of our collection.
All comments are appreciated.

Jim Burr
12-09-2011, 1:29 PM
This is a very nice form Rob! I'd like a little smaller foot, but it's personal preference. Nice work on the finish too!

David E Keller
12-09-2011, 3:05 PM
Beautiful finish! I'm in the small foot camp as well or at least rounding under the very bottom to give it some lift. Centering the heartwood around the opening would be a nice touch, but it doesn't always work out that way for me. You're really on a roll lately!

David Reed
12-09-2011, 3:33 PM
Love the execution as it looks like a mirror finish. I agree that the foot is somewhat large giving it a rather heavy look. The small almost bead on the rim is a nice detail.

Steve Schlumpf
12-09-2011, 4:54 PM
I will agree with everyone's observations on the foot - would look nicer is smaller. Great job on the finish!

Bill Hensley
12-09-2011, 5:52 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but ditto on both of Steve's comments. Loving the finish on your recent projects.

Rob Cunningham
12-09-2011, 8:01 PM
Thanks again for all the comments on my pieces. I really like the feedback so I can improve my skills. I'll aim for smaller feet on the next HF's

Bernie Weishapl
12-09-2011, 9:59 PM
Rob that is a good looking HF and if the wife likes it that's all that counts especially if it is in her collection. I agree with a smaller foot.

Baxter Smith
12-10-2011, 12:13 AM
I have enjoyed seeing your beech pieces Rob. I don't remember seeing many others posted here.

John Keeton
12-10-2011, 6:43 AM
Very clean, great curves, and a nice finish! Small foot would be the only change.