PDA

View Full Version : corel TXT font question

rich shepard
12-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi All
need some help here. I have a customer that wants some single line lettering vector cut. He did the drawings in AutoCad using the txt font. When I import into Corel X5 it turns it into a Arial font. Then when I add line weight and no fill I end up with letter outline. In most cases could live with it but here some lettering is so small all I will have is a hole not a letter cutting a outline. Is there a way to get just a single line letter?
thanks
rich

George M. Perzel
12-09-2011, 2:42 AM
Hi rich;
Google "single line font" or "stick font"-a couple that come to mind are Stymie and Simplex. Also Google CamBam-8 free stick fonts. If no luck PM me and will send.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Michael Hunter
12-09-2011, 4:54 AM
A year or two back, a very nice person (can't remember who) posted a selection of single line fonts in this forum.
Worth doing a search for them.

Mike Null
12-09-2011, 10:10 AM
X5 has a couple of single line fonts. Check your disc as I think they may have to be loaded separately.

rich shepard
12-09-2011, 1:45 PM
Thanks Mike, you would not know the name of them by any chance.
thanks
rich

Martin Boekers
12-09-2011, 2:06 PM
Can he convert it to curves and resend it to you?

Michael Hunter
12-09-2011, 2:14 PM
Found it - Doug McIntyre sent them and Keith Outten saved them in Sawmill Creek!

Here is the link - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/psfonts.zip

Looking at the original thread, a number of people had problems installing them. The trick is to unzip them into a temporary folder and only then actually install them.

I found that they don't look good on the screen, but they do engrave very well. I have used them on stainless steel using the plaster of paris method.

Tony Lenkic
12-09-2011, 3:17 PM
Rich,

You say "single line lettering vector cut", so why you need weight added to the lines. Are you rastering or vector cutting this?

Now, if you need to vector cut you ask your customer to send it to you with text converted to polylines with line width set at "0". Also ask them to save the file in WMF format, save your file and drag and drop into Corel work page.

rich shepard
12-09-2011, 6:35 PM
Thanks for the help will try to download them and go from there. As for adding line weight set lines at hairline as when the trext was imported it had none for the line weight. Did trick it as the letters were so small I used a lower power and then cut. So was like doing a double cut and did not burn out the letter.
thanks
rich

Pierre Clouthier
12-31-2011, 6:08 PM
If you're looking for a single-line font, search for "hershey font". It's a collection of stick fonts. I found out about Hershey fonts by accident when one of the apps I installed included the Hershey fonts in its installation package.

Not sure if it was Larson VisEx Reader, CNC Simulator, EditCNC, NCPlot, or TotalCADConverter.