PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch the "Pearl Harbor: 24 hours after" documentary ?

Brian Tymchak
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I saw it last night on the History channel. Really well done. Contained lots of info I had never heard about. I highly recommend it if it is going to be shown again. It was the first time I had heard the whole text of FDRs speech to Congress asking for the war declaration.

Jim Rimmer
12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I saw most of it; will definitely watch it again and more closely next time. I was doing something else and half watching/listening and I missed a lot of the graphics on the screen. Pretty detailed info about how determined he was to walk into Congress and how he managed to do it.

Eric Skell
12-08-2011, 1:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up, saw the preview and then forgot to record it. It will be run again on Sat afternoon.

Rich Engelhardt
12-08-2011, 5:38 PM
Yep - watched it twice actually. It was on @ it's normal time, then repeated later - like 12:00am or something.
It changed my opinion of FDR quite a bit.
Good show. Worth watching.

Myk Rian
12-08-2011, 8:34 PM
I saw it. One screw-up on top of another led to the demise of our ships, and men.

Mac McQuinn
12-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Excellent production, I hope anyone interested in history at all gets a chance to watch this.

Mac

BOB OLINGER
12-10-2011, 7:04 PM
I wasn't aware, so missed it. If anyone knows of it being shown again, please let us know.

Thanks,

bob

Mac McQuinn
12-10-2011, 9:58 PM
Bob,
Hate to tell you this, I believe it was on at 5PM today.......It does look like you can buy the DVD at History channel, release date is sometime in January ,2012.

Mac

I wasn't aware, so missed it. If anyone knows of it being shown again, please let us know.

Thanks,

bob

Brian Elfert
12-11-2011, 11:33 AM
They will play this again I'm almost certain, but it might be months and it might not be until around Dec 7th next year. I forgot to set my DVR to record this on Saturday.