PDA

View Full Version : A little Box of Flame

Kathy Marshall
12-08-2011, 12:45 AM
As I turned the corner onto me street on my way home from work, I could see a little flash of white sitting in front of the porch and I just knew it was a flat rate priority box!
Donny Lawson and I made arrangements for a little trade and this my box from Donny. I opened it up and there sat one gorgeous hunk of Box Elder! Donny must have had the tape measure out when he cut this since it was sized perfectly to fit a large flat rate box!
So many options come to mind when I think about what to do with it, but I think this is going to turn into a big set of nested bowls once I've had enough practice with the McNaughton to do it justice.

Thank you Donny! This is just a beautiful hunk of wood and I apologize for getting the better end of the deal :eek::D!

John Keeton
12-08-2011, 6:18 AM
Box elder, figure and Ambrosia - all in one big bundle!! There are a lot of possibilities here, Kathy - coring is a good one.

Roger Chandler
12-08-2011, 6:21 AM
That is some nice box elder..........way to go Donny.........congrats Kathy!

Donny Lawson
12-08-2011, 6:54 AM
Kathy, you are very welcome. I did recieve my box last night also but its been dark every night this week when I get home. We have been putting in some overtime at work this week so I haven't had much shop time. There is some nice wood in there and will make for some great looking turnings.Hopefully I will work with some of it this weekend. Thanks, Donny