PDA

View Full Version : 3 More and 4 To Go

James Combs
12-07-2011, 8:23 PM
Three more birdhouses for Sis. Today was senior citizen's day at the local Kroger so I didn't get into the shop until 2:30 but managed to get these 3 made.

From LtoR:
ER-Cedar on Honey Locust, Mulberry on African Black Wood or Ebony, ER-Cedar on Honey Locust

C&C Appreciated.

Doug W Swanson
12-07-2011, 9:11 PM
Nice ornaments, James. Do you make the hooks or buy them?

Donny Lawson
12-07-2011, 9:39 PM
I love seeing the different styles you turn out. All are nice.

James Combs
12-07-2011, 9:39 PM
Nice ornaments, James. Do you make the hooks or buy them?
Thanks Doug, I make hooks from wire I got at Micheal's.

James Combs
12-07-2011, 9:42 PM
I love seeing the different styles you turn out. All are nice.
Thanks Donny, trying hard to mix them up so they won't look too much alike. Starting to get difficult coming up with new ideas.:confused: With only 4 to go, I will be able to start over again.:D

David E Keller
12-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I like the birdhouses, but I'm more interested in this senior citizens day at Kroger... What could they possibly do that's better than spending time in the shop?

James Combs
12-08-2011, 3:01 PM
I like the birdhouses, but I'm more interested in this senior citizens day at Kroger... What could they possibly do that's better than spending time in the shop?

On rare occasions(once a month or so) I have to spend a little time with the LOML and it happens to coincide with our monthly grocery(a man's got to eat you know) shopping day. Even though I am a younger old coot, I still qualify for senior citizens day at Kroger so I try to time our outing for then so it doesn't cost so much. It is one of my small sacrifices I make for sustenance.

Baxter Smith
12-08-2011, 3:04 PM
Neat houses. The end is in sight. Never heard of "Kroger", but I do like to eat!