PDA

View Full Version : Gloat -- Showin' Off -- Why Not?

Bill Arnold
03-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Our local newspaper wanted to do an article on me following my success at the recent Florida State Fair. It's the cover story in today's 'Neighbors' section. Here's a link to the online version: http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/living/11077057.htm

The reporter did a fairly accurate job -- only a couple of bobbles. It's nice to get the recognition, but equally great to get publicity for the Florida West Coast Woodworkers Club.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Bill,

Congrats on the write up! It must make you feel great to be recognized and support the club that you belong to!

Charlie Woods
03-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Way to go Bill.:D
It does feel good to be recognized for your work. What you said in the article about cost of custom furniture is true. Most people don't understand what that term "custom work" really means. Congrats on the recognition.:)

Jim Becker
03-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Congratulations, Bill. Nice article. I wish they would have included some pictures of your work so folks reading would clearly understand the quality of what you do!

Karl Laustrup
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM
That's about the best gloat of all, Bill. :D Congratulations.

Will this mean we commoners will need special permission to address you? ;) :D
Oh, and who's that good looking guy in the pic of the article. ;) :D

Just kidding. I'm just jealous.:o

Mark J Bachler
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Nice article, congrats on the recognition.

I've been in the local paper a few times, usually in the "This week in traffic court" section.

Karl Laustrup
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice article, congrats on the recognition.

I've been in the local paper a few times, usually in the "This week in traffic court" section.
ROFLMAO!!!

They have traffic court up there?

Ted Shrader
03-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Bill -

What a great write up. Definitely a keeper for the family to pass along.

Congratulations,
Ted

Tyler Howell
03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
We're not worthy We're not worthy!;)

Ian Barley
03-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Nice article Bill - richly deserved praise.

Bill Arnold
03-08-2005, 1:31 PM
... Will this mean we commoners will need special permission to address you? ;) :D Yeah! Now it's MISTER Bill to you! Oh, no. Mister Bill! ...well, maybe not!

Bill Arnold
03-08-2005, 1:32 PM
We're not worthy We're not worthy!;)
I'm not either! I'm not either! :cool:

Alan Mikkelsen
03-08-2005, 3:55 PM
Great story, but I noticed it was written by a criminal justice reporter!!!:D

Bill Arnold
03-08-2005, 4:38 PM
Great story, but I noticed it was written by a criminal justice reporter!!!:D
Alan,

Boy! Leave it to you to pick up on that one!!! :eek:

(...at least they didn't show the concrete wall and barbed wire around the shop! :D )

Jim Stastny
03-08-2005, 4:41 PM
Excellent!!! Kudos to you Bill!!!

Tony Falotico
03-08-2005, 5:16 PM
you have a right to be proud. :)

Brent Smith
03-08-2005, 7:57 PM
Congrats Bill.........watch out Norm...here comes Bill!

Keith Christopher
03-08-2005, 9:30 PM
Bill,

I'm not suprised. Very WELL deserved kudos !

Keith

Earl Kelly
03-09-2005, 9:07 AM
Congrats, Bill, It's nice when your work is recognized as quality. Hope the publicity brings you lots of good and financially rewarding jobs. Don't forget about the little people when you make the cover of FWW or Wood Shop News!!!!

Bill Arnold
03-10-2005, 6:16 AM
Thanks to all of you for taking time to give me your comments. It means a lot to hear from each of you.

Congrats, Bill, It's nice when your work is recognized as quality. Hope the publicity brings you lots of good and financially rewarding jobs. Don't forget about the little people when you make the cover of FWW or Wood Shop News!!!!
Earl,

Thank you for your comments. I shied away from publicity until a few months ago when I was encouraged by a very accomplished woodworker to start showing my work and getting to know others in the area. Now that I took the first plunge, it should be easier going forward.

The cover of FWW or Wood Shop News is a far cry from our local newspaper. Not that I'd turn down such an opportunity, but I'm too old to progress to that stage, I think. Regardless of what has happened or might happen, I will forever be part of the 'little people brigade' -- we're the REAL people of the world.

Regards,

Keith Christopher
03-10-2005, 8:22 AM
BTW bill I'm still waiting on those plans for the quilt rack ! :D

Keith

George Summers
03-10-2005, 8:29 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

They have traffic court up there?

You did notice, didn't you, the by-line at the bottom of the article? The reporter is the 'criminal justice reporter' for the paper. :D :D :D

George

Tyler Howell
03-10-2005, 8:43 AM
You are worthy Bill. You've earned it and been a great inspiration.:cool:

Thanks
TJH

I'm not either! I'm not either! :cool:

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Bill
Congratulations on the story.
It's always nice to rub keyboards with noted and talented folks.
Daniel