PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening the easy-rougher

robert baccus
12-07-2011, 1:03 AM
I bought an easy rougher when he was only on u-tube. my friends and i liked it for certain purposes and soon acquired several of the tools. it alway bugged me to pay the price for new blades and a friend discovered that grizzly planer cutters would fit at quite a savings. still bugged me that i could not resharpen the little cutters. tried diamond dust "grease"---worked but so-so. acquired some HF 3/4" diamond coated cut off discs for about $ 5-6 that fits Dremel's ect. sharpens the little suckers in about 3 seconds and does so on the tool. now If i could just sell a few bowls.--------------old forester

Steve Busey
12-07-2011, 9:28 AM
Robert, which edge do you grind/sharpen - the top, or the diagonal sides? Pic?

Jeff Belany
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I saw Capt. Eddie on You Tube sharpen them by laying the flat side on a diamond sharpening stone and rubbing till sharp. Check out his videos.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Karl Card
12-07-2011, 4:41 PM
Those easy rougher blades are high dollar. There was someone on here about a year ago selling some cutters replacements that were made in Germany and I got lucky and got 10 for 20 bucks... Needless to say I still have 8 left so it was well worth it.

robert baccus
12-07-2011, 10:47 PM
A friend, Richard poliski has been buying ours fron grizzly(planner blades) for a price similar to that. i just never seem to have a new one around when i need it.------------good luck----------old forester

robert baccus
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Steve, i just brush the flat edge of the cutter blade to the "bevel" on the tool although i am sure there are other ways to do it. i'm still slap-happy just learning one way!