PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Ornaments -AAW contest

Roger Chandler
12-06-2011, 3:04 PM
I got my copy of the AAW magazine, and noticed that some of our creekers got published. Congrats to Curt Fuller, second place and his angel ornament with birch plywood, poplar and aspen got pictured as well.

Scott Hackler go an ornament pictured .....his pierced quilted maple/african blackwood ornament.

Micheal Gibson has a bell pictured - pear/dye and a natural edge pear/blackwood.

John Beaver go an "Open wave" ornament of walnut/maple with milk paint pictured..........

Hal Taylor has a Bradford pear/paint angel pictured.

There are other turners who have ornaments pictured.........I do not know if they are creekers, so I did not mention them, but congrats to all! They can be seen on pages 8 and 9 of American Woodturners latest edition.

Scott Hackler
12-06-2011, 3:25 PM
I will be available for autographs later, for a mere $75..... :)

That aside, thanks Roger, it is a cool spread in the magazine and if I might say with all the excentric and off center articles, this issue is very interesting (from my standpoint). Barbara Dill has a really cool article and feature pages.

Roland Martin
12-06-2011, 3:42 PM
Congratulations to all, I just got mine in the mail today, really cool to see all the creekers in this issue.:)

Bill Wyko
12-06-2011, 3:45 PM
Absolutely, congratulations to all of you. I've seen your work and it's truly deserving.

Baxter Smith
12-06-2011, 4:46 PM
Congrats and great looking ornaments. I enjoyed those 2 pages as much as any in the magazine this time.

John M. Smith
12-06-2011, 7:31 PM
Congrats to all who were in the magazine. I always love to see all the turnings other people do.

John Keeton
12-06-2011, 7:43 PM
Congrats to all! Got email notification of the online version, but haven't viewed it yet.

David E Keller
12-06-2011, 8:21 PM
I also noticed the number of names that I recognized... I had no idea this group contained so many famous people! Mods... Could someone fix Scott's post? I think he left a decimal off in front of the seven!:eek::D

Bernie Weishapl
12-06-2011, 10:48 PM
It also says Curt Fuller got a second place with his ornament. Curt also had a angel and Michael Gibson had 2 bells.

Curt Fuller
12-06-2011, 11:35 PM
:cool: Wow, how am I going to handle the paparazzi! I wondered why all the TV station satellite vans were parked in front of the house when I got home from work.;)

Seriously though, it was pretty cool to open up the magazine and see something I made in there. Maybe Andy Warhol was right.

Paul Heely
12-07-2011, 6:44 AM
Congratulations to all the Creekers who made it into the magazine!