PDA

View Full Version : need help with a cdr file

bianca hoogendoorn
12-06-2011, 8:26 AM
Can someone help me
i want this 2 files convert to engrave and cut file in coreldraw i never done that, and dont know how to do that
can someone help me to convert these 2 files for me, so i can make them from wood?

thank you so much

Duane Parcells
12-06-2011, 8:57 AM
Hi Bianca

I turned both in to vector files then..... the ones on the right are for cutting..... Not sure what you are trying to do here so let us know if you need further help. If this is your first try at laser work you may need a little more guidance once we figure out what you want. Also, what version of CorelDraw are you using. Let me know if you can't open this.

Duane

Hannu Rinne
12-06-2011, 9:43 AM
Here's my try - saved to version 8

-Hannu

bianca hoogendoorn
12-07-2011, 4:00 AM
ok thank you so much all for your hard work,
ok its indead new for me, and i want to engrave the head on wood, and cut the head out of the wood, so you have a ornament
i got 3mm multiplex wood to try it out, for practice, if it works out i will let see the pictures
thank you so much

bianca hoogendoorn
12-07-2011, 4:01 AM
oo and i have coreldraw X5

bianca hoogendoorn
12-07-2011, 4:05 AM
These files are also great for acrylic, but i want engrave the head
and then cut it arround only the shape not the details, for wood

like the files you sent me, they are great for acrylic.

thank you for the help, but can you make one of each for engrave the head and then cut out the outlines only

:)

Dan Hintz
12-07-2011, 6:53 AM
thank you for the help, but can you make one of each for engrave the head and then cut out the outlines only

:)
Make your cut lines a different color and set up the laser to vector those, engrave everything else.

Oh, and it would help others help you if you put a list of your equipment in your sigline.

bianca hoogendoorn
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
but i dont know how i change the cut lines, never did it
is there a tutorial for that

thank you will do that

Hannu Rinne
12-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Bianca,

Try this :)

-Hannu

Uros Sovilj
12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi

Bianca try to subscribe in some course. I took LaserU when i purchased laser. For total newbi it's full of good information and tips and guide you through hole laser proces step by step with detail explenation.

bianca hoogendoorn
12-07-2011, 1:38 PM
thank you uros will do that
and thank you so much hannu thats what i needed, thank you so much for all the help

john passek
12-08-2011, 3:24 AM
Hi Bianca, try www.coreldrawtips.com (http://www.coreldrawtips.com) or go on youtube, there are a lot of tutorialson there. just do a search for laser engraving.
Have fun

john passek
12-08-2011, 3:27 AM
hi Bianca
try www.coreldrawtips.com (http://www.coreldrawtips.com) and youtube. do a search for laser engraving and you will find lots of good info to get you going.
Good luck and have fun.