PDA

View Full Version : lasering fleece

Jimmy L Taylor
12-06-2011, 1:26 AM
I have a customer that wants some fleece jackets lasered and was hoping someone could give me some tips. My equipment is in my sig...Thanks!

Mike Null
12-06-2011, 5:33 AM
You shouldn't have any problem. Get some scraps or test on an old garment that you have laying around. Sneak up on the power setting as it won't take much.

Build yourself a platform to hold the material flat.

Jeff Wilkins
12-06-2011, 7:40 AM
buy a blanket at CVS or Walgreens $1 and use that for testing. Baby blankets can be made pretty easily as well. Name, Date, Time, Weight, Height

Joe Hillmann
12-06-2011, 1:32 PM
Make sure that the fabric is held flat and engrave at low power high speed.

Jimmy L Taylor
12-06-2011, 3:06 PM
how should the focus be set? Towards the top of the knap or down tight against the fabric?

Joe Hillmann
12-06-2011, 3:08 PM
I guess I have always focused down against the fabric, but it lasers so easy I doubt it much matters.

Mike Lassiter
12-06-2011, 7:59 PM
low power to start -yes!
It is easy to laser fleece, and it is easy to burn it up. You don't want to do much other than burn the fuzzy fibers, if you use too much power you will find when you pick it up either you can see throug it in places or if you pull on it you will rip it apart.

I have done some that looked GOOD, yet when you pulled it like trying to smooth wrinkles out it would act like a worn out pair of jeans and rip open in the engraved area.

You will need to expect to play with settings some and lose some material to get settings dialed in.