PDA

View Full Version : any interesting ideas?

curtis rosche
12-05-2011, 6:47 PM
in the gallery i have my work in, apparently last month Lady Gaga visited it. not that big of a deal for me, i dont follow celebs, not really any point. but one of the artists thought this was cool and made a woodburning portrait that is supposed to look like her and put a sticker on it saying "reserved for Lady Gaga" in the gallery. so the idea began and was lightly thrown around "what if we all make a Lady Gaga themed or inspired peice to see if she comes back and buys anthing?"

i didnt take it seriously, but its a good idea to come up with something crazy with turning, i was thinking somewhere in the outrageous hat category.

so, what would you come up with and make for this situation?

David E Keller
12-05-2011, 6:54 PM
I don't know the first thing about lady Gaga, but I'm kind of wondering why she would be in Pennsylvania... I don't know that I would expect a return trip.

Jim Burr
12-05-2011, 6:54 PM
Make her a pink pen with meat on it

curtis rosche
12-05-2011, 7:03 PM
David, apparently her current boyfriend is from lancaster county and thats why she was here in the first place

Bill Bukovec
12-05-2011, 7:29 PM
Her boyfriend is from Lancaster County?

Maybe he's Amish and can make something for her?

I bet she could use a buggy whip.:D

David DeCristoforo
12-05-2011, 8:51 PM
Do you really give a crap about "Lady Gaga"???? Enough to make a portrait of her? That's a totally depressing idea....

Curt Fuller
12-05-2011, 9:49 PM
Do you really give a crap about "Lady Gaga"???? Enough to make a portrait of her? That's a totally depressing idea....

David! I can't believe you would talk that way about her.

My question would be what does Lady Gaga look like? She has so many bizarre, interesting, and even fascinating aspects it would be hard to pin her down to just one for a portrait.

Marty Eargle
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
You could always talk an old piece from 1986, slap a fresh coat of finish on it, and call it new.

:)

curtis rosche
12-05-2011, 11:01 PM
David! I can't believe you would talk that way about her.

My question would be what does Lady Gaga look like? She has so many bizarre, interesting, and even fascinating aspects it would be hard to pin her down to just one for a portrait.

thats the point, it wouldnt be a portrait, but something outrageous

Betty Fox
12-06-2011, 9:25 AM
I'm thinking an angel form with the queens of all the suits (clubs, hearts, spades, and diamonds) painted on opposite sides of the face.
:)

Dan Hintz
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
so, what would you come up with and make for this situation?
I would suggest not forgetting LGG has a more normal past... she's a great pianist, and in school looked like everyone else. The costumes only came about with the stage act and grew from there. It will take some digging, but see if you can find a pic of her before she glammed up.

Or just turn an off-center, multi-colored piece... that would likely fit her just as well.

Jon McElwain
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Didn't she show up in a giant egg recently? Maybe make an egg on wheels??