PDA

View Full Version : [B]Is it snowing where you are?[/B]

Al Mann in Miami
02-16-2003, 8:57 PM
I'm still sitting in warm weather, but #2 son sent a picture of #1 grandson trying to deal with the snow...

Keith Melick
02-16-2003, 9:10 PM
All I can say Al that it had better not be as I am only some two hundred mils north of you. The rain has started, same storm front as up north, expecting something over an inch.

Eddie Severt
02-17-2003, 6:32 AM
It isn't snowing here, it is ICING! We have had over 3" of ice in the last two days, thousands without power and a FLOOD. Presently still icing and 22 degrees, glad I've got gas heat in the shop.

Tom Sweeney
02-17-2003, 2:46 PM
I can still see the shovel handle - I have a car I can't see in my driveway - seriously!

Cleared the drive 3 times yesterday & there is another foot of the stuff on it today, not including where it's drifted - my sister who lives next door couldn't get out of her house - her door opens out! - spent an hour trying to get my 30 year old snowblower working again a little bit ago & finally gave up. Old Man Winter won by a knockout.

Either one of my friends with a plow will bail me out or I'll just wait for it to melt in the spring :mad:

Looking forward to heading to Houston on Thursday :) - If the runways are cleared by then! :rolleyes:

Al Mann in Miami
02-17-2003, 5:36 PM
...'cause I want to move here! This picture was taken in Elkton, MD, home of #2 son and #1 grandson.

No. 1 (and only) daughter lives in Baltimore, at the bottom of a hill where she would also have trouble seeing over the snow.

No. 1 son lives in Calvert County, MD but he and his wife are stranded at a bed and breakfast in rural VA where they were celebrating Valentine's Day.

I could put up with the snow if I was closer to home.

Uncle Al

Tom Sweeney
02-17-2003, 8:30 PM
As of earlier today the plow truck could not get to his developement :(

But hey Family is family right & It's real nice there 3 seasons out of 4