PDA

View Full Version : I'm Giving Up Housework!

Belinda Barfield
12-04-2011, 2:14 PM
The SO's brother is coming to town to work with us this week, to see if he wants to make it a steady thing. (yes Karma will get you every time, working with brothers - what did I do?)
It started out simply enough, I just wanted the house to look nice and clean. I would like to point out that after putting in a 54 hour work week there are a number of things I'd rather have done today.
Got pretty much everything buffed and polished and ready to vacuum.
Hmmm . . . vacuum doesn't seem to have much suction . . . open up the canister and think "holy cow, when was the last time I changed this bag".
Go on extended search for new bag . . . finally remember where I hid them from myself.
Catch a loose string on a throw rug which wraps 34 and a half times around the roller brush . . . spend 20 minutes trying to unwind it . . . take power head attachment apart to remove string and reassemble.
Good to go and we're off!
Round the corner on the home stretch and discover the cat has been digging in the tabletop succulent garden . . . detach power head to vacuum along the baseboard being VERRRRY careful not to bump the confused Christmas cactus that is in full bloom . . . suck blind cord up vacuum hose . . . where it gets jammed because when I tried to pull it out the pull thingy got crosswise in the metal tube.
Finally get blind cord free, finish vacuuming.

I quit before someone gets hurt!

Darn . . . where's the cat . . . and why is the vacuum cleaner meowing?

Mac McQuinn
12-04-2011, 2:26 PM
Belinda,
For the 1st part of your post, I'd say buy a Dyson, no bags, Hepa filter, etc......for the second part I'd say don't buy a Dyson, They have lots of power! Oh by the way w/ the clear canister, you can spot the cat pretty quick.

Maybe just find a comfortable chair, make a coffee and listen to Elvis Christmas music!

Mac

Dennis Peacock
12-04-2011, 3:26 PM
LOL Belinda..!!!!!

Sounds like my day yesterday and again today.......

Belinda Barfield
12-04-2011, 3:39 PM
Mac, I've looked at the Dyson and would like to have one but I like the canister with the separate power head because I can get under all of the furniture with it. Makes it easier when the cat hides under the sofa. I'll probably give in and get a Dyson after Christmas.

Ted Calver
12-04-2011, 7:32 PM
SO's brother causes housecleaning frenzy?? I don't think so. Time for SO to learn the fine art of vacuuming.... nekked....whilst you enjoy the show with a julep or two!!

Belinda Barfield
12-04-2011, 8:55 PM
Ted, darlin', I so like your style! LOL.