PDA

View Full Version : laser engraving cookies

tony mazzone
12-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I want to laser engrave a bunch of cookies for a shower gifts. My question is does the engraving affect the food itself. Is it safe to eat?

Thanks,

Tony

Rodne Gold
12-04-2011, 1:45 AM
I'ts only charring..

Joe Pelonio
12-04-2011, 9:42 AM
I've eaten cookies after lasering them, and it doesn't even affect the flavor. If you use low power it's simply browning the sugar.

Cassondra Bennett
12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I swear you people are so creative!!!!! PLEASE share a picture when you finish them!!!!! I never met a cookie I didn't love but laser etched cookies....AWESOME!!!!

Elliott Gerso
12-04-2011, 2:26 PM
I lasered everything I could get my hands on when we took shipment of our epilog... The croissant that I engraved with Jesus' face tasted just fine.

Liesl Dexheimer
12-04-2011, 2:40 PM
I've made homemade sugar cookies and then engraved them. They tasted fine. I would recommend trying to make the cookies as flat as possible for lasering purposes. The picture isn't the greatest but here's a sample. I also engraved a flour tortilla shell. I didn't try eating that though, it smelled like burnt toast when I engraved it.

John Noell
12-04-2011, 3:48 PM
If you hit it too hard it tastes burned (because it is burned).

Martin Boekers
12-04-2011, 4:28 PM
I've made homemade sugar cookies and then engraved them. They tasted fine. I would recommend trying to make the cookies as flat as possible for lasering purposes. The picture isn't the greatest but here's a sample. I also engraved a flour tortilla shell. I didn't try eating that though, it smelled like burnt toast when I engraved it.

How about an icing fill? \*L*/

Chuck Stone
12-04-2011, 4:30 PM
i don't want to copy other people, so I take their ideas and change them a little.
Since everyone else was talking about cookies, I had to try some other food.
So I can save you some trouble...
.. don't try it with butterscotch pudding. It just doesn't work.
You're welcome.

Martin Boekers
12-04-2011, 4:32 PM
i don't want to copy other people, so I take their ideas and change them a little.
Since everyone else was talking about cookies, I had to try some other food.
So I can save you some trouble...
.. don't try it with butterscotch pudding. It just doesn't work.
You're welcome.

You need a YAG for pudding....................just kidding

George M. Perzel
12-05-2011, 6:48 AM
Hey Chuck;
Butterscotch pudding can be lasered if:
1.You use the Jello brand made in their factory in Alexandria, Egypt
2. Make it a week before lasering
3. Chill it to 41 degrees F in a titanium bowl
4. Laser at 2 watts power-medium speed -from the bottom up
Now, chocolate pudding-thats a different story..........
TIC
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dan Hintz
12-05-2011, 7:56 AM
Hey Chuck;
Butterscotch pudding can be lasered if:
I've found CNC to be more appropriate for the pudding family in general...

paul mott
12-05-2011, 8:43 AM
It's a little while back but I just had to try it. :D

Paul.

nb. The GHD hair straighteners cook these little morsels to perfection (don't tell the wife, whose hair is now just slightly bacon scented).

Mark Ross
12-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I've found for the best finish it is best to spray them with ceramark first...:)

Chuck Stone
12-05-2011, 2:04 PM
(don't tell the wife, whose hair is now just slightly bacon scented).

Anyone else think this is hot? :p

Ian Franks
12-05-2011, 2:34 PM

We make fondant stamps which can be used on raw cookies/biscuits before baking. Just use clear 5mm acrylic. Just personalise them with a name.

Craig Matheny
12-05-2011, 6:10 PM
What about candles? Did bread cut "Eat me on it" out of it tasted burnt.

Mark Ross
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
you can go to you tube and type in pumpkin laser engraver, seems like a neat idea, I think next year I will take one of those really cool patterns that would take hours to carve by hand and see if the laser can do it a lot faster. If it does, just one more way technology is making me SO lazy...:)