PDA

View Full Version : Kreg router table

Jim Barrett
12-03-2011, 7:23 PM
I have downsized my shop considerably over the past several years and find myself in need of a router table for a few small projects I want to complete. I am looking at a Kreg bench top router table...plus I need a router...nothing too crazy probably 1 - 1.5hp. Again for some small projects...any input would be appreciated.

Jim

Rick Fisher
12-03-2011, 7:39 PM
Hey Jim..

The only thing I don't like about the metal framed router tables is the wasted space beneath.. I prefer the cabinet with the drawers and storage.. Mine has a power center included, basically 4 electrical plugs, so it acts as a type of extension cord of sorts..

The Kreg lift is nice. Easy for micro adjustments.. The top and fence are really good as well.. I would however build my own base beneath .. store all the bits and stuff in there..

Buck Williams
12-04-2011, 9:55 AM
You might also look at the Bench Dog bench top router table. I like mine, has a good solid fence. I ended up building a cabinet on casters for extra storage. It turned out to be easier to wheel it out when I need, than it was to set it up on a work bench. I don't know how much room you have to work with, but the wheeled cabinet doesn't have a foot print that exceeds the size of the router table.

Gary Curtis
12-04-2011, 6:05 PM
Rick is right. By all means get the table with the features you want. But without a base cabinet the noise and dust from a router become real unpleasant. At the least, a cabinet should shield your from those twin devils.