PDA

View Full Version : new here, and i need help

irena markovska
12-03-2011, 4:29 PM
Hello folks,
this is the first time i'm writing on the forum. So far I've read many threads and I managed to find answers here for many problems. This time I have problem with my chinese-noname-laser machine. It shows all the symptomes of an empty tube but I think it's not empty, or at least it shouldn't be. Any ideas what might be the problem? If so, please tell. And another thing, does anyone know where to buy tubes on the Balkan or Turkey?
Thank you, Irena

irena markovska
12-03-2011, 5:16 PM
I just tought of another thing that bothers me. What is the distance between the tube and the first mirror (for chinese 60W laser). The distance in my case is around 5cm... Is that too close?
Thank you, irena

Rodne Gold
12-03-2011, 9:47 PM
When you hit the laser "fire" button , is there a pink light that goes thru the tube , or is there no pink light and perhaps a crackling sound?
If there is a meter on your machine , when you hit "fire" or "laser" on the machine itself , does this meters needle move?
Have you checked the power supply box inside the machine thats the power supply for the tube ? (should have a thick red cable coming from it to the tube)
Depending on the make , there should be a red light thats lit on it and/or the fans should be working in it when the machine is switched on , when you hit the laser fire button , there should perhaps be another red light that goes on somwhere on the power supply when you do so?

If the Power supply is working , then its almost certain that the tube is dead. You can use just about any tube and its matching power supply in your laser , provided the tube fits. some lasers have "safety" mechanisms, they wont fire unless there is water flow (coolant flow sensor) and if the lids or a door is opened (safety interlocks) , check this.
Tube end to 1st mirror distance is not an issue , tho its easier to adjust the tube for alignment the longer the distance.. but its not going to matter much in this case whether its 3cm or 15cm.

irena markovska
12-04-2011, 6:16 AM
Thank you very much for the fast reply Rodney,
now I'm certain the tube is dead, since everything else is ok. So now i have a very serious problem - I have no tube at the moment, I spent the spare one, and the one that just died was supposed to last for months more.... I have to cut materials and deliver them by the end of next week, so I'm in panic. :) Do you have any suggestions how to get a tube? Maybe by DHL from China, or some place in Europe? And are those tubes packed safely? How long would it take for a tube to get to Macedonia (Europe)? Is it cca. 5 days or 15 or 50? I don't really know what to do... The tube I had was the last one that the supplier had and he won't get any new tubes. Besides, this supplier keeps explaining me some nonsense that Chinese don't make 125cm tubes anymore, so he will have to get longer tube and if I buy one of those than I should cut a hole in my laser to put it inside (!!!). You can guess this is why I dont' really want to do bussiness with him, aside of the fact he sold me a half-empty tube last time.
Thank you in advance,
if anyone has any info, please tell me.
have a nice day :)

Rodne Gold
12-04-2011, 7:17 AM
You can use any glass tube if it fits , you need the corresponding power supply. Lots of places in europe and UK will have replacements. DHL from china will take at least 5-10 days and cost a fortune , and the tubes are notorious for breaking in transit.
Try suppliers nearer home first. Ask the chinese suppliers who appear under googling who they supply in europe

Tony Lenkic
12-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Irena,

You can contact Uros Sovilj a member here from Slovenija about importing a laser tube as he just week ago or so had done it.

irena markovska
12-04-2011, 11:32 AM
ty very much :)

Uros Sovilj
12-04-2011, 3:10 PM
Hi
Shipment from Shenhui to Slovenia took 10 days. Packaging was perfect-wooden case filled with styrodur. Weight of shipment was 11,5 kg so you can calculate your price. Problem is because they ship everithing through Hong Khong so they add 2 days on DHL shipping time. Maybe if you do import direct with pickup order to dhl EXW parity in their factory you can get it in 4 days. Than you must deal with custom (2 days) but you can avoid this by talking with custom infront and provide tham all documents and pictures of package content. So if wery lucky you can get shipment in 5 days. Shipping on Shenhui DHL account for 11,5 kg is 200 usd.
Where are you located?
And what machine do you actual have?
To save good name, find someone with laser and pay him for job. Better lose some money than lose a customer and good name.