PDA

View Full Version : Rockler interlocking anti-fatigue mats

charlie kapper
12-03-2011, 3:56 PM
Anyone have any feedback on the Rockler interlocking anti-fatigue mats? I just received an email indicating they are on sale for $9.99 with free shipping.

Charlie

Jerome Hanby
12-03-2011, 4:26 PM
They were sold out when I looked...

Jim Matthews
12-03-2011, 7:29 PM
They're not terribly dense. I find that they're okay for saving a dropped tool, but give too much underfoot.
There's also the rollout mats for chefs (http://housewares.about.com/od/kitchenwareaccessories/bb/antifatiguemats.htm) - that's what I use.

It's the essential part of a longer session for me - without out this, I wouldn't last two hours.

Tom Blank
12-03-2011, 9:46 PM
I've had good luck with the Craftsman version.

Dan Hintz
12-05-2011, 8:39 AM
Menards had them on sale for Black Friday (and they may still be on sale, so check)... $5/4 mats. I ordered 8 sets.

Myk Rian
12-05-2011, 9:24 AM
Look for a fitness center going out of business. I have some very heavy interlocking mats from a weight room that are 1/2" thick. They do a terrific job.

Phil Maddox
12-05-2011, 1:15 PM
I have them and they are OK - a little too slippery for my tastes. I could probably put something on the bottom to keep them from sliding around on the concrete.

Weight lifting mats work well.

Jim Rimmer
12-07-2011, 3:56 PM
I like them; might feet are a lot less achy and tired since I put them in. They tend to get sucked up by my shop vac and are hard to roll things over (like my shop vac) but that would probably be the case with any kind. There are probably better mats out there but these are a good value for the price, IMHO.

John Pratt
12-07-2011, 4:37 PM
I got all my mats from the farm store. They are horse stall mats which are fairly large but easy enough to cut to size. They are just stiff and heavy enough not to move around but "squishy" enough to provide comfort for my feet. The ones I got are in full sheets but they sell them online in interlocking kits.

Paul Saffold
12-07-2011, 8:08 PM
I got all my mats from the farm store. They are horse stall mats which are fairly large but easy enough to cut to size. They are just stiff and heavy enough not to move around but "squishy" enough to provide comfort for my feet. The ones I got are in full sheets but they sell them online in interlocking kits.

John, I've wondered about getting these but have been put off by the smell (plastic, rubber or solvent-like) that I notice in the store. Have you noticed? If so, did it take long to go away? These would be going in my basement/ laundry area. Thanks.

glenn bradley
12-07-2011, 8:40 PM
I have used these (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=107930&navAction=)for years without failures. Thicker than Sears or Rocklers. I use them colored side down. Plastic smell disappeared almost immediately.

Jimmy Smith
12-07-2011, 8:47 PM
Hello I have several in my shop,they feel very good under my feet but they are not for rolling heavy tools over, easy enough to move them and then put them back in place. They sweep off very easily but they do come with a strong smell, will take a week or two for it to go away. Jim

Trent Shirley
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I have some of them on order and expected to arrive tomorrow.
On sale they were cheaper with greater square footage than the ones at Harbor Freight so I thought I would give them a try.

Lowes and probably other similar stores sells by order the really good rubber flooring but it does run into some money. They have a lot of varieties though. I would love to layout the entire room with it but would have to have a fairly solid rubber to accommodate rolling the machines around without sinking too deep.

Myk Rian
12-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I would love to layout the entire room with it but would have to have a fairly solid rubber to accommodate rolling the machines around without sinking too deep.
Larger wheels make that easier. My heavy machines with small wheels bunch the mats up.