PDA

View Full Version : Onward

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2005, 7:48 PM
Folks....I passed the insulation inspection for my new shop. :D This weekend I'll put up the vapor barrier. :D I have vacation scheduled for the last week in March. I'll rent a wallboard "lift" for the week and hopefully get the ceilings and walls done. I've made my decision.....5/8" sheetrock on the ceiling and 1/2 CDX plywood on the walls.

Corey Hallagan
03-07-2005, 7:55 PM
That sounds like a good compromise Ken! Having the sheet rock on the ceiling won't make it feel like the walls are closing in on you. Good luck in the next couple of weeks and post pics!!

Corey

Jim Becker
03-07-2005, 7:57 PM
Good deal, Ken. BTW, you'll probably only need the lift for a day or maybe two at the most for the ceiling if you work slower. I only mention that relative to cost control! Worth every penny, too! IMHO.

lou sansone
03-07-2005, 9:21 PM
ken

are you planning on painting the cdx? Once I get my camera up and running I will be posting some pictures of how I worked the wood interior of my shop. But for now, I would say that I found having some "natural wood" tones and some painted parts to be easy in the eyes. It would seem to me that one might get the sence of living in a plywood box otherwise ( IMHO ). best of luck
lou

Steve Clardy
03-07-2005, 9:21 PM
Ken. They do make a fiberglass reinforced 1/2 sheetrock for ceilings that will span 24" centers. Don't know if it's cheaper than standard 5/8" though.

John Scarpa
03-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Ken,
Sounds like progress to me. I like the idea of having wood on the walls. Looking forward to seeing the completed work.
John