PDA

View Full Version : Problem with xt acrylic

Hannu Rinne
12-02-2011, 3:36 PM
I must engrave a large (6"x6") clear square on xt acrylic (it is definetly xt) and fulfill it with paint. For some reason I can't get good results at any way, always slightly white or matt. Should I use high dpi and ppi or the other way round ? High speed or low speed ? High power or low power ? This case is making me crazy...:eek: (focus is ok, lens and mirrors are clean, the material is absolutely flat...arrrgghh)

-Hannu

Bill Jermyn
12-02-2011, 4:28 PM
Try lowering the table 1/8" and run a second pass at 1/2 power. I use 50 speed, 30 power, 600 dpi for the first pas, 15 power for the second pass, but your mileage may vary. The second pass cleans it up quite a bit. The focus is the same for both passes btw.

Ross Moshinsky
12-02-2011, 4:49 PM
I've never thought much of engraving acrylic and color filling it unless you do it on the face rather than the back side. If you must do it on the backside, applied letters always seem to be the better choice.

Doug Griffith
12-02-2011, 5:58 PM
An option might be to hit it with a flame. Just a thought.

Hannu Rinne
12-03-2011, 2:57 PM
Thanks for the answers !

Bill, I made it with using the settings that you have used and now it's fine and clear - THANK YOU for saving my day :)

Best regards,
Hannu